• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A thought for 06-06-06...coming up this year...all you

Mike Self

Midwesterners...

What about a gathering right here in beautiful Dayton OH? Lotsa things to do, including the National Museum of the US Air Force, absolutely the best collection of military aircraft in the world, lots of inexpensive places to stay, good places to eat, and (believe it or not) some wonderfully twisty turny roads, complete with 19th century covered bridges.

Since 6 June is on a Tuesday, we'd schedule it for the weekend of 10-11 June. That'll also put two weeks between it and Vintage in the Vineyard.

Whadda ya think? If sufficient interest, we'll start the planning process.

And (you folks who were at Shakertown last year)--June is too late for snow even in Dayton.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Guest Anonymous

Not that it would matter much to '02 folks, but the Windy City/Tire Rack Challenge is also on that weekend. That said, although I'm more likely to go to the Challenge, I'd consider an '02 event.

I'll probably still have a week of classes plus finals left before returning to the States. But I hope y'all have fun!

Just got my last finals graded this afternoon--my first semester as a teacher is done!

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

I've been to the USAF museum there in Dayton many times when I was a kid, and nothing stirred my imagination more than seeing the YF-12 inside, and the amazing looking North American XB-70A Valkyrie sitting outside, its still there I hope! Please tell me they acquired an SR-71 "blackbird"!

Greg Rice in Mckinney, Tx.

'71 "bumblebee" '02

'76 Sahara '02

'91 Alpine White 318is

The USAF museum has the Valkyrie, the SR71, an Me 262, an Me 163, the "double-Mustang" plane used in Korea, the "stealth" bomber, the latest stealth fighter, etc. etc. We are planning on a drive, a cookout or two, & whatever it takes to have fun. We hope that some of you will be interested in coming! We can also introduce you to LaRosa's pizza, Graeter's ice cream, Ribs King BBQ ribs, Skyline Chili, etc. I know that list is all from Cincinnati, so my Cincinnati roots are showing.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

really cool pre WWI stuff...

Mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

06-06-06

"The Number of the Beast"

Delia

Read here:

'>http://users.aol.com/s6sj7gt/mike666.htm

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

Sounds good. I should be able to make it. Let me know if you want Y.S. to be on the route. It could be an alternative stop (hiking/biking/shopping/eating) for those not wanting to do all the car stuff.

Karl

Listen. Think. Share. Act. Repeat.