• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 76 2002 project

slash02

Ok, well guys I'll put my 2$ in too:

Here's the stats, Where I'm from:

1976 02 with:

32/26 carb

H&R springs (ooops, I mean ST springs)

Konis

Urethane bushings

3.90 LSD

Seamsperfect Interior

Modified Blaupunkt Frankfurt (Aux in, amp out, with remote +12 out)

DSC02034.sized.jpg

Infinity 6x9s

A "another whispering bomb" sticker.

In the works:

Megasquirt 2.0 With Ford EDIS EFI

DSC03153.sized.jpg

DSC03174.sized.jpg

DSC03183.sized.jpg

Short Shifter (homebrew, because i can)

DSC03171.sized.jpg

320i 5-speed (hate that 2nd gear crunch)

Nice powdercoated E30 318i intake (I need an m30 throttle body)

DSC03161.sized.jpg

Infinity 10inch sub under seat area

Where i'm going:

On-board navagation (built in PC for datalogging the 'squirt, but with a removable screen for long trips I can have my GPS)

Full engine rebuild with the works (forged pistons, orings, copper or composite gasket, hardcore clutch upgraded oil pump etc etc..)

Turbo

Turbo Bodykit (thinking about this one, not sure yet)

ITBs (yes they are expensive, but I like how they look)

Probably will trim the dash with the same stuff I used on this:

dsc01722.sized.jpg

Basic Idea: I want to try to build an 02 that when you look inside you see a plain jane 2002, down to the old 2 shafter radio. Thats why i'm not sure on the bodykit yet. I'll leave it sahara, but maybe with 14 or 15 inch wheels. Something to hang nice tires on. I want a sleeper.. Eventually it'll be a firebreathing turbocharged monster, but without all that bling look to it... If I could get 13 inch tires that were decent, I'd just widen my steelies and get them powdercoated.. :) I like that look.

***UPDATE 1/14/2006**

Hehehe. I bought a couple cheapo items. One was a rusty but solid ansa exhaust. all surface rust. I bead blasted, wirebrushed and polished up a bit, recoated with a few coats of high heat black, and...

ce_1_b.jpg

DSC03187.sized.jpg

It cleaned up nicely :)

Same with the shortened shifter platform:

ee_1_b.jpg

And after (getting ready for that E21 transmission)

DSC03186.sized.jpg

UPDATE: 6/1/06

DSC03472.sized.jpg

DSC03473.sized.jpg

One small correction to make though. You've got ST springs, not H&R. Unless you changed them, of course.

Now, lets see some pics of the entire car, and that fine, fine interior!

Al

Most definately :) I do however Have to wait until I get the car back in the shop.. lol :)

I fixed that spelling error. I somehow managed to spell, ST as H&R!

Hehe.

Drove the car last weekend out to the work shop. It's a 30 minute run from its home, so I have to leave all season tires on it.

I'm probably going to do the heater box motor this weekend!!! :D

• 2 months later...

Hehe. Funny how things work, it's finally warm enough to get cracking on the car and its strange little issues.

When i got it home last summer, she was using copious amounts of oil. :) that's no good, figgured out quick that i had a loose crank pulley. That messed up the front engine seal and screwed up the woodruff key. crank is ok though. Dropped a new key in and away I go. the keys are soft metal it seems.. compared to that forged crank.

DSC03363.jpg

crazy eh?

Here's the mockup of my EDIS wheel on my 320i crank pulley (unfortunately my 02 pulley is broken and all I could get was that one. I'll be cutting the extra off it though.

DSC03360.sized.jpg

I'll be lining it up by hand, welding it on, then dropping off at a friend's place to get trued up on the lathe.

:)

The last 4 pics arent working for me :-( even with the "show picture"... Maybe its just me :-(

Also, im keen to hear how you go with the sub under the rear seat. I was planning on just doing the 6x9's on the kick panel but initially i wanted to hide a sub in there. Maybe i can do both :-D

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

The last 4 pics arent working for me :-( even with the "show picture"... Maybe its just me :-(

Also, im keen to hear how you go with the sub under the rear seat. I was planning on just doing the 6x9's on the kick panel but initially i wanted to hide a sub in there. Maybe i can do both :-D

Tom

Weird. they werent showing this morning but are now. I went to test fit a 10 inch sub in the back of the car.. but.. i might have to raise up the rear seat delete panel to do it :) I have some soundproofing foam. All I did for my E28 was got some MDF and cut a panel to fit under the seat.. the kind of measured

and cut for the speaker. I didn't build a box and cram it in there.. we'll see with the 2002.. even less space!

lemme know which pics you cannot see?

• 4 weeks later...

Tom

Hey Tom. I'm having a heck of a time with my infinity 10 inch sub. it's too deep!!! We'll see, Benefit of having a rear seat delete, I can at least raise it up. With my E28 i jused plopped the seat down on it and it was ok... Might build a box in the back for the sub, we'll see.

• 1 month later...

Well, got my intake on, relay board in and ECU on, gotta finish up wiring the relay board, get the throttle cable stuff figgured, and run wires for the fuel pump, and new hoses ;)

Oh and i have to fabricate and install a fuel pump hole blockey thing.

• 4 months later...
Well, got my intake on, relay board in and ECU on, gotta finish up wiring the relay board, get the throttle cable stuff figgured, and run wires for the fuel pump, and new hoses ;)

Oh and i have to fabricate and install a fuel pump hole blockey thing.

been a long long time.

I am almost 100% done. I drove the car 750kms on the squirt.