• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project: Plan - B (UPDATED JULY 24) VIDEO LINK

Blake

Alright guys here is My project

A 1976 BMW 2002 automatic that ran well, stopped well, and had some wierd electrial issues.

IMG_2519.jpg

The engine was just fine... but didnt want to pass california smog, so I was unable to leave well enough alone. I HAD to go and get this to a nice state, I rescued it from a possiable death I ended up getting the car (plan B) named by my friend for $65 I kept the name because he is the one who sold it to me.

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

Than comes the s14 pics Ill limit it to 1

P6210045.jpg

So I ripped the engine out and began the swap.

DSC00221.jpg

it sat like this for way too long, Waiting on little things like a new clutch, lew master and slave,

new pedal box, this leads me to another point a Friend on these forums gave me a rockin deal on a rusty pedal box, but after I got it I realised it was more rust than my sand blaster wanted to tackle So I removed the pedals themselves media blasted and painted them I proceded to put these into my Rust free automatic box (I am in wonderful California) and Drilled the holes for the Clutch it looks great!

I than put in the 1970 Chevy nova Raditaor which almost fit well only a few mods to the frame Rails.

DSC00222.jpg

Here is the engine in!!! it was tough! I Had to twist and Pry and everthing but it is in!!!!

post-182-13667561167315_thumb.jpg

post-182-13667561168408_thumb.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today I Test fitted the Radiator, it hits the water pump nub so I am gonna go m20 stlye and move the radiator up about 1/4 of an inch.

I almost got my carpet in today aswell, I got it form automotive custom interiors it looks great I custom ordered for my year with loop rather than cut pyle. it looks great and fits well, Alot of pieces, 14 total!!!!

I am gonna need some seats still. I am looking at some yokana seats, they are a no name brand that knocked off recaro and these seats are rivaling the quality of recaros from my experience,

If anyone has some e21 recaros they wanna unload for a nice price I may be interested!

Also if anyone would like to help me figure out how to install the 320 LSD I bought for the 02 I would be VERY greatful!

THE CARPET!

DSC00544.jpg

like a 14 piece puzzle! almost fits great just a few minor mods required :-P

Looks great this is the one esty said was good, Auto custom interiors.

(Almost done)

also I am 19, and doing this on my own thats the reason It is taking so long (6 months almost) I keep running outta money and gotta save again.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My only tips are these, (for the 5 speed,) Find a Good pedal box, I used a 320i master and slave for the clutch, in hind sight I should have mixed a 2002 master with a 320i slave to make fitment on the master easier,

Itement is easy, take your time, make sure the cross member you build keeps the engine flat,

I got my drive shaft from ireland

Shifter is rusty and still being modded, I have updates for you guys soon