• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gift from BMW NA -- Copy of leter and response details ---

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

This is the letter sent to one of the PNW2002 members. I called the number and in addition to the usual name/address/phone/email they wanted the VIN and approximate mileage.

************Text follows ********************

Dear Mr. Horn:

We at BMW understand you are the owner of a very special vintage automobile: a BMW 2002. We hope you're enjoying the car that launched the "sports sedan" concept.

In order to make your ownership experience as fulfilling as possible, we will be sending a special "2002" commemorative gift of interest to 2002

owners. Since we'd like to reach as many current owners as possible, we need to confirm that we have your correct information. Please review the

enclosed reply card with your mailing address to make sure it's accurate.

If you've moved or sold your BMW 2002, we would sincerely appreciate your providing us with the new owner's information in the space provided. If you

prefer, you may call toll-free 1-888-382-4BMW (1-888-382-4269).

For more information on BMW vehicles and technology, as well as fascinating updates on what's new at BMW, or to custom-build your own BMW, visit us at

bmwusa.com.

Once again, thank you - and good driving.

Best regards,

Dianne Martini

Direct Marketing Manager

The postcard just asks for your name, address, daytime phone and email

address. The address to mail the postcard is: BMW 2002 Information, PO BOX

8000, MONROE TWP NJ 08831-9965.

*********** End of Text ***************

Cheers!

John N

Guest Anonymous

I called (1-888-382-4269) and the lady whom I spoke with happened to be puertorrican! She wasn't too familiar with these cars and asked me what was so special about them. I then told her the story ... Once upon a time BMW made airplane engines ... then they built a 1600 engine car ... and then they made the 2002 ... and the 2002ti and then the 2002tii. Although BMW has come a long ways, they really stopped building "Real Cars" in 1976!

J/K!!

BTW: I asked her if you own more than one '02, if your entitled to more than one gift ... she didn't know!

Take care '02ers!

Victor

'74 '02A Siennabraun

'76 '02 Schwarz

Guest Anonymous

If you own more than one 2002,do you think bmw would send you more than one/different commemorative memento? Or will they run a merge/purge to avoid duplicates?

Guest Anonymous

Just called the 800#. Turns out this is a contractor collecting the info on behalf of BMWNA. They are located exactly 5 miles from my house in Monroe Twp, NJ