• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, the snow finally nailed us...over a foot here in PA!

02fanatic

No '02 projects today...I would have to dig myself to the garage! :-)

Hurry Spring!!!!

John

post-197-13667562017628_thumb.jpg

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

I especially liked your write-up on the E36 M3...my son Justin in Ohio has a '96 with barely 40k miles on it...it's "very sweet" (Black/Black Leather)...it's not the luxury package - he didn't want that. He plans to replace the water pump and thermostat housing this Spring, as that hasn't been done yet...too low miles, and the PO probably didn't have a clue.

I like your '02's also!

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

John: Here in Ohio, we got missed. We had maybe one inch of wimpy fluff -- loads of overkill SALT on the roads, however. Not a big year for snow here. We may get dumped on before the cold gives out for the season.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

After about 2 months of flooding, 100mph winds, and never more than 2 days in a row without raining we've FINALLY got some good weather.

There are still some steelhead in the creek and what am I doing? A super rush programming job .. sitting in the damn house testing and retesting code while everyone else is out riding 4-wheelers, fishing, getting drunk, working on cars...

Kinda wish it was raining.

Stay warm you guys!!

I especially liked your write-up on the E36 M3...my son Justin in Ohio has a '96 with barely 40k miles on it...it's "very sweet" (Black/Black Leather)...it's not the luxury package - he didn't want that. He plans to replace the water pump and thermostat housing this Spring, as that hasn't been done yet...too low miles, and the PO probably didn't have a clue.

I like your '02's also!

John

Thanks. More on the tii soon. Been too busy working and buying parts for the tii to update the website.

As far your sons '96 M3, if the build date is before about 10/96 change the water pump ASAP. That plastic POS impellor is just waiting to fall apart. The new composite ones from the dealer are 100% the way to go. Don't bother with the metal aftermarket ones because most of those are junk too. May want to think about radiator if he is thinking about a DE. The zionsville alloy radiator is great upgrade, because like our '02s the cooling system is a little short on capacity.

My track rat has about 108k on it now. Its a very rewarding car. My tii will compete for track time now though.

-Justin
--
'76 02 (USA), '05 Toyota Alphard (Tokyo) - http://www.bmw2002.net

We missed it again here in Rochester; some flakes this morning and just a dusting, now sunny. Looks like a pretty quiet week here too, in the 40's by Thurday for a day or two again. Have a hunch we're going to gets ours in March, just as usual. I cleaned up my garage this weekend and put up a shelf. I have 4 new NGK BP6ES spark plugs on the passenger seat of my '69 2000 and an oem BMW oil filter; a few more weeks hopefully for the first drive.

Tim

'69 2000

It was "almost" too cold to open the sunroof here the other day, but I braved it anyway. It just meant I needed a slightly heavier jacket than usual! Today was a bit brisk, as my finger tips were slightly chilled from the cool water I washed my car with! Brrrrr........

Al - Happy to live in the only mild part of Canada!

67 1600

77 630csi

81 323i

68 VW Bug

06 Volvo V50