• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My stroker-M20-02 project

-=Charley

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

king bolt special:

129_2926.jpg

..just give them the length you need and they'll hook it up

FB oil cooler i got from the j-yard. comes w/an internal tstat but not sure of crossover temp so i pulled a spring so it stays open and using the M20 tstat. mounted in front like the old german/jap gt cars w/small bar so it bends back when i hit something. when

129_2925.jpg

cant recommend this crap unless you just barbs and hose clamps to plumb it. i got raped @ earl's to the tune of $400 for tube/fittings because of the adapters.

..and I also do not own a BMW 2002.

Is the M20 oil filter in a different spot to the M10?

Why I ask is because wouldnt the oil cooler be best mounted with the inlet and outlet point around the other way - basically rotate it 180 so the inlet/outlet is to the left facing towards the motor - by the pics it looks like it is to the right facing towards oncoming traffic and would require WAY more tubing :-O

Looking good otherwise... what color are you going to paint the exterior - the egien bay looks silver, am I correct?

Keep us posted!

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

Is the M20 oil filter in a different spot to the M10?

Why I ask is because wouldnt the oil cooler be best mounted with the inlet and outlet point around the other way - basically rotate it 180 so the inlet/outlet is to the left facing towards the motor - by the pics it looks like it is to the right facing towards oncoming traffic and would require WAY more tubing :-O

Looking good otherwise... what color are you going to paint the exterior - the egien bay looks silver, am I correct?

Keep us posted!

Todd

yep, it's on the passenger side.. so the hoses will come out and over the bumper. i dont care, as long as it's clean and works well. the engine bay is plane-jane gray. i have no plans to paint the car yet.. i just want to drive it :) thnx for the complements

..and I also do not own a BMW 2002.