• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BimmerFest time again

Vroomer

Vroomer, I emailed the sponsors to ask that all the old BMW's, NK, E3, E9, & 1600/2002 have their own parking area at Bimmerfest so we aren't stuck in the middle of all the E46, E 60, E65 & E90's etc... They replied back saying that other older BMW owners have asked the same question and they were agreeable to my suggestion.

"Thanks for writing, and thanks for your input. We are hoping to be able to figure out a way to efficiently accomodate your request - a request that other Classic BMW owners have made as well. I am reasonably confident at this time to say that we should be able to do it."

One reason why I asked for a seperate parking area is that the E46, owners seemed PO'd that we parked next to them. They seemed to all have 20/22" bling bling wheels and stereo/video systems that cost more than my entire tii. Most of the newer BMW's there were driven by owners who looked about 22 years old who had no clue what a 2002 was and they didn't care; sad but true. All they cared about was they were driving a 50K BMW and they looked cool.

Last year their were about a dozen 02's there, a few E9's as well. I going to talk up bimmerfest on the E3/E9 list so they hopefully they will be represented as well. I'll probably show up in my 70 E3 2800, the E46 crowd will go WTF is that...

G-Man

http://www.bimmerfest.com/events/2006SB/2006sb.php

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

With any modern BMW one should ask, "Hey, how long have you leased your BMW," as they don't own them normally. Also, their depreciation in two years is more than 20k Tiis on ebay. I wonder how many E46 M3s will be on the road in thirty years?

Nail on the #$% Head, man. You totally hit the nail on the head. (I did the touch my nose with my left index finger and point at the computer with the other one thing just now.) Any poser can lease a car. It's like renting an image.

The Z4 people get upset at me when I make comments like that about those people leasing Z4's. THE TRUTH HURTS!

Last year I swear I was at "Dinan Fest".

Pierre, you going this year? Forgot to ask if you were down. Scott A from SD, you going? Bringing the dual sidedraft or what?

Nardi Wheel and other nice things to be added by April 8. =]

~Vroomer

PS. I Own both my Bimmers. Correction: I will officially own my Z in 20 months.

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

2007 Jeep Wranger X with all the trimmings

Hey Ryan....Good to see your going to make it. I will be there, with what, I don't know quite yet. The S14 swap is taking longer than expected due to things out of my control. I will bring the car s14 or m10. I will be driving down with the norcalbmw.com group, or baybimmerz.com group. We have a huge group. Mostly newer bmw's, but nothing like the crowd despcribed in the earlier post. This group loves bmw's and appriciate the history. Last year was some 80 cars that participated in this drive. I will be the only 02 in the bunch, but i really love the norcal group like family. Great to see more 02 participation. It was really cool meeting people from socal last year, hope to see you all again.

SIGSTUFF2.jpg

Proud Member #190 since 2003.

We have to come out in force and be reckoned with. Even if those young blinggers with massive stereos don't care, the reality is that they would not be an E30, E36, E46 or any other E were it not for our 2002.

I contacted Jon Shafer about having a spot for the classic bimmers. Here is his reply:

"Hey Pierre,

Nice to hear from you again! My partners and I are strongly considering your proposal; I really like the idea of a separate section for older, classic Bimmers. Please keep an eye out on the site for further announcements and event information!

I look forward to seeing you at The 'Fest!!

--Jon Shafer"

Let's organize a Southern California caravan just like we did last year. I am sure there will be a Northern California caravan too. And Steve can be our Santa Barbara connection.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

Moe, Looks like we're meeting at Steve's house to keep all the '02s together. Muahahaha!

I didn't want to be the one to impose us on Steve. But... ;-)

~Vroomer

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

I just didn't fit in. Too many stereos and trunk wings. If there is a big contingent of old steel there, I might go.

Scottie Sharpe

68 2002 Mikunis Ireland coilover e12/e21 brakes

88 Dinan M5 stage 4 M88/3 conv, Miller MAF, B&B, 3-pc Fikses 17x9fr, 17x10rr, Racelogic traction and launch

Webmaster for http://bmwturboperformance.com

Do you www.bmwWikiWiki.com ??

by the snot nosed? I thought it was the testosterone. I see from your posts its the posing.

Where did I see those license plates holders that said "2002 The Original Ultimate driving machine" for sale. I want that as a reminder.

Anty way...What happens at Bimmerfest? I may have asked this last year, but since I think my 02 is better than they're Z4 or 3 series, I must have alzheimers. (he he he)

btw last night I was driving down the 5 and sped past a 3 series. You can really fly on the 5 going against traffic.

by the snot nosed? I thought it was the testosterone. I see from your posts its the posing.

Scottie was referring to what I call the "ricers". Those kids who took mummy and daddy's money, leased an ///M3, got a Dinan badge on it because they got 10 "points", and put the biggest stereo in they could. They're greasy, slick, looking for a quick buck, and easy way out.

Last year, the 2002's all showed up at the same time. Pierre had the one he was selling there ($1500, little rust, needed some luv). They put him as close to the exit as they could squeeze him. Gordon was on the end in a pack of modern BMWs. Steve was in the middle of the REAL classic BMWs. Behind the 2002's were some E3/E9's. To their front was an Alpina B3 and more Coupes.

Unfortunately, the atmosphere was more about selling to the "tuners". The enthusiasts at this show have a little different view of what a "classic" BMW is. Personally, for me, it is a BMW that is NOT a 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, Z, or X series. (Sorry, but your E21 does not meet my definition.) Last year's best in show was the most goobered up BMW I had ever seen. I swear it was a Civic hatchback with lambo doors, artsy purple flames, and BMW grill.

Palo Alto and Fest West were WAY cooler than this meet. However, 800 cars as of yesterday. We'll see.

Any @$$ can lease a car. I have more respect for someone who buys a Scion box car thingy than someone who leases a BMW.

Anyway, would someone like drive my Z4 down for me? =D I might let you sit in my 2002, but I'd never let you drive her! =P HAHA. (Am I kidding?)

~Vroomer

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

don't think I'll bring the '02 or the 3.0CSi. It's just not worth it. Older bimmers don't seem to get much love from the 'ricer' crowd. I'll stick with Palo Alto or Fest West, or, the So. Cal '02 gathering we were going to plan. Remember that Pierre?

Craig74tii

Craig74tii

1978 Black Trans Am

Mercedes Benz 300CD, 300TD

Jeep Grand Wagoneers

bring the 3.0CSi.

Craig74tii

BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR! BRING THAT CAR!

PUH-LEESE!!!!!!!!

~Vroomer

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i