• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ow!! Dontcha hate it when this happens..Darn SUV's

InkaSteve

Even a big bumper won't help when a SUV backs into you.. went nicely over the front bumper and right into the grill. Anyone have a good 76 center grill that they don't need. I can pull the rest of the smoosh out.

Did a temporary fix, so I can at least drive around without looking too bad, but still need to replace center.

Feeling like the front row of a Willy Nelson Concert (missing alot of teeth)

Steve

post-85-13667562469279_thumb.jpg

post-85-13667562471391_thumb.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

i got a spare grill if you need it. Not sure why, but in the trunk when I bought my car. Only problem is shipping from Hawaii, but I could probably throw it in a USPS flat rate box (to anywhere, even mainland) and itll be fine.

E-mail me at kfunk@hawaii.edu

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Nah, didn't happen at work. Hate to admit it, but it might be my own fault. Parked on a steep hill while watching the Amgen bike race go by. Don't know if I rolled forward into the SUV (bad handbrake) or it backed into me, wasn't paying attention. Might have even saved me from rolling on down the hill. Was a little tricky trying to extricate myself on that steep hill. You know the drill, Brake, Gas, Release Clutch, all at the same time. (I am sure Davin can give me some San Francisco tips) Redamaged an area that had been damaged years before when my son had the car. These cars are pretty soft and vulnerable there. I was able to pull most of the damage to the front clip out by hand and crowbar. Should look pretty good with a new center grille.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

I'm worried they'll find out how vulnerable these cars are and start doing it on purpose... at least up here it wouldn't suprise me. I still held out some faith in the human race that the "magnetic shopping cart" effect was a coincidence until I saw a young kid who was old enough to know better shove a cart right into my door with her mother watching.

Still, that's minor compared to nose and grill damage. I feel your pain...

'73 2002tii Agave green #2763558