• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint code for late steelies?

Tim_in_MD

I've got a set of steelies I've been working on. Three of the four have good original finishes, but the fourth was a mess. I tried the Wurth silver paint but it's just much brighter than the stock paint. Does anybody have a paint code for that darker gray/silver? I'm considering having a pint or two mixed up and having the wheels shot professionally.

Did a search to no avail.

Thanks!

Tim L.
Ex-1975, 1976, 1976 BMW 2002s

The Wurth is a very close match. I'm guessing your original factory silver has faded over the years, making it look less bright. The silver paints produced in the '70s had issues with fading.

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

I'm finding that 057 was the old polaris and 060 was a replacment. (early and late?) My local shop can mix the dupont code, but only in a cheap economy grade paint. ($18 for a quart) If you can find a shop to mix BASF Glasurit, this is the way to go, my local Glasurit vendor said they cant do/mix 060 in the line of paint that it requires.

I wish Wurth was not in spray cans. Can you buy it in bulk from someone? I'm having mine done at a shop.

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--