• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manual Choke Conversion – Stock Cable to short for 32/36?

I have been working on installing a manual choke for my 68 2002 that had a non functional water choke on a 32/36. I ordered and purchased the correct for my year cable kit (13-23-1-352-753) but its too short. RealOem shows another cable available for later cars 13-23-1-354-544, and I am wondering if this cable is any longer.

Does anyone have any advice on a longer choke cable? The Weber conversion kit came with a generic cable and knob, but it looks like something from a Bolens lawn tractor.

Thanks,

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

any local auto parts store sell basically the same thing for under $10.00...i just put one on my 76 and bout it at AutoZone for $9 bucks...the cable's universal and entire thing works wonderfully

maybe you could buy the kit locally and just use the cable you need rather than the order/pay shipping/wait thing

I was looking at Pierce Manifolds site today while ordering some jets, etc. I have the manual choke for the 32/36. It has the chrome T-handle. Is that the tractor looking part you are talking about? If so, it is period correct as to looks. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't change it! Post a pic of what you come up with!