• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ned update on lodging at V@V

02fanatic

Better late than never...but it's almost 2 months away. Where is the best place to stay that may still have vacancies???...MUST have secure & safe place to park Hugo! :-) He's never ventured more than 5 miles from the garage and never been wet either! :-)

Thanks,

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Seriously though, I just got a reservation at the Wingate Inn 2 days ago and they had rooms left. don't know what the parking situation will be, but Scott said that the area was pretty decent so I'm not worried about crime and I'm not worried about Rain - it's snow/salt that terrifies me

Paul in Richmond
'70 Chamonix
'85 535i, 2000 R1100R

I have a reservation at the Courtyard by Marriott in Winston-Salem, just because I had rewards points to get two nights for free. They are about 15-20 minutes from the Vineyards, I think. You might want to check them.

Robert in NJ
73 2002 (Verona)

72 2002tii (Verona)

web site for their phone # and info)...Several of us are staying there--it's a 1907 mansion built by one of Wachovia Bank's founders. Lots of off-street parking too.

Ask for Betty when you call and mention the BMW group or Vintage in the Vineyards...

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Many folks are staying at the Wingate or the B&B We will also be coordinating a drive up the Blue Ridge Parkway and staying at the Peaks of Otter Lodge that Sunday nite. We will start the day with Breakfast at the Marti's and then head to the mountains.

Details on the drive will be available at the Vintage but you may want to make your reservation at the lodge since it is a holiday

I got a room at the Best Western Inn, which is supposed to be in a near by proximity to the B&B area. My wife is not going to make the trip, so if you are looking to cut costs and share a room, we might could work something out. Just let me know.....

Garry

03' Mini Cooper S

73 2002tii A4 (sold )

67 Mini Coooper S (sold 3/06)

at the Wingate and the Shaftner House, if you need the room at the Wingate, let me know and I can transfer to you John.

Caravan leaving the Baltimore area mid morning for NC. If interested send me an e-mail. I believe the last email you said you were still considering it.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5