• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Seat Cushion – Why Does It Hate Me?

I’ve tried numerous times on different days and I just can’t get the lower portion of the rear seat back in. I’m sure this has been discussed before, but I can’t remember the sage advice given. Is there a trick? Why won’t those little bastards pop down behind the panel? Bring on the Elfin Magic…I’ve just about had it.

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

Guest Anonymous

and you can bend the long thin metal tab on the car back up with a pair of pliers. if you push down on it too much trying to cram the sit in there, it bends the tab down, and it makes it really tough to get the seat hooked down under it.

I've found that you should put it in at an angle at first, getting the seat as far back as you can at first. Then I ususlly find where the bracket is and put the palms of my hands on both sides so I can push the seat towards the rear of the car while I shove the brakets under the ridge. Do the side that seems harder at first and the other side will go in smooth.