• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sick of the rain, but I did find the water leaks on my car!

SteveJ

Just about fed up with the rain here in CA. We used to watch the weather report to see when it would rain. The last month and a half we are watching to see when it won't rain.

Driving the other day with all the windows fogged up, I finally went hunting for the water leaks. The rear window seal is history. It was just pouring in at the bottom corners and another on top of the parcel tray. It was going under the rear seat and pooling on the floor. There must have been about a gallon of water in the rear carpet mat. If I park the car on an upslope, the water then drains into the trunk and soaks everything in there.

I have changed the front windsheild seal and lock strip myself. Not too bad of a job. Any tidbits of info out there for changing the rear seal that are different from the front? My car does have the rear window defroster coils.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Rear is basically the same as the front. I found the lockstrip slightly more difficult to get in than the front, but the plus is that it's much harder to break the rear window.

My wife and I did both front and rear seals in a weekend. If you've done the front, you should have no problems.

...the puddles coming from both my front and rear glass seals. I just can't quite afford seals/lockstrips/new glass right now. Add this to the fact that I don't have any kind of garage or carport and it adds up to a sad little '02. I've resorted to working on her outside in the rain because I can't wait on some of the projects any longer.

Last weekend I removed, rebuilt (in the living room) and re-installed my heater box outside in the rain. Man that job sucks.

Anyone up for a non-rain dance?

I guess the only upside is that an M20 and an LSD at least make wet weather entertaining...

Davin (who was in SF)

London, England

1968 Fiat 124 Sport Coupe

Pressin' on regardless . . .

The water leaks seem to find me. Usually dripping on top of my feet as I drive. I guess I will have to replace that 30 year old window seal. But it is not a problem if it is not raining.

It is clearing around here now. Bimmerfest should be great.

Bfestbanner012.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours