• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motherf&$#%ing thieves!

ClayW

I came out to my car tonight after working late at the school to find that my rear BMW roundel and 2002 emblem are gone. The hood roundel is still there, but is loosened. I guess they couldn't get it off.

To quote Pulp Fiction "It'd be worth him doin' it for me to catch him doin' it"

While I come to the slow realization that I'm never going to find the bastards, anyone have an extra one of these?

Thanks.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Sorry, that really sucks.

What an asshole.gif..

probably wearing your roundel and 2002 badge around his neck for some additional bling..

If I had extras, I would send them. The only ones I have are on my car.

I think......I had better go make sure someone hasn't pryed them off.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

My back roundel has written on the back of it:

"THANKS FOR STEALING THIS YOU FUCKING SCUM BAG"

I used to pull it off prior to going shopping when I was at this ghetto shopping centre where my friend used to work.

A normal badge costs X and the back one for a 2002 is like triple.

toddsig05.jpg

rear panel--one with a flat back for roundies and one with a curved back for squarelights...

Suggestion--when you reinstall the 2002 emblem instead of using the provided rubber/metal grommets, thread the studs and use small nuts. Then it won't pop off with a little finger prying. If you have a roundie you can do the same thing for the rear panel roundel-won't work on the trunk lid mounted squarelight emblems as you can't reach the back side...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I feel your pain! Shortly after I moved here, I was substitute teaching at one of the local high schools. Some kid stole the crest from the hood of my '72 911. When I reported it to the office they blew me off. They had a lot of cameras around, but for some reason none were trained on the teacher's parking lot. I eventually replaced it with a used crest of the newer variety. Those old plain enamel 911 crests are NLA and sometimes ridiculously expensive. I'm still pissed about it.

Good Luck!!

Andrew

1963 Vespa VNB

1972 BMW 2002 - Sold :-(

1972 Porsche 911T - Sold :-(

Ah yeah, I forgot - mine is a rounded off one for the trunk lid...

I thought I would make as easy for them to get off as it is easier to replace the badge than respray the trunk lid if it has a threaded piece holding it on and they have to use a screw driver to remove it.

I actually had a discussion with my painter today about people stealing badges and he said these people are the lowest forms of people and will never own a good car themselves.

I have to agree.

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

Guest Anonymous

I have an extra 2002 emblem I can send you.

Payment for it is optional on your part, I just need your address.

RoyG

My email is tii72bmw@yahoo.com

and can help protect your car. I know, because I was one at an elementary school while going to college. I had my Turboized body 1600-2 and worked 2:30-11:00pm. I trained the neighborhood junior-high punks to not fuck with my car and I won't fuck with them. I didn't hassle 'em for being on the school property as long as nothing was damaged either to the school or my car. When I first came to the school someone broke into the office and smashed a terrarium all over, leaving me a big mess to clean. I knew they did it, so I hid behind the auditorium door while they were skateboarding in front of it, then popped the door open and grabbed one and made him clean it up (he admitted their guilt when I had him by the neck). We ultimately got along great and they would protect my car and warn me if anyone was around it. Next time park where the custodians park and tell them you're there, as they might have a similar relationship with the locals.

1600w1.jpg