• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pick and Pull Question

Mike_D

Hi,

I need a stereo headunit for my other car (Camaro) and I'm wondering if I should take a trip to the pick and pull to find one. Do they generally leave factory stereos in the cars or do they pull them? They're like $400+ from a dealer, and ~$120 on fleabay.

Thanks,

Mike

'75 2002 - Weber 32/36, Stahl header, 14" E30 BBS wheels, E30 M3 starter, and lots of rust.

Future mods: M20 swap, IE coilovers, BBK, and some rust repair

Around here, they leave everything in/on the car except the catalytic convertor. They punch holes in the gas tank, oil pan and tranny pan (if automatic), cut rad hoses + PS hoses to drain the fluids.

If you hope to find something like that, you'll probably have to be there within a day or two after they set the car out. I've spoken to lots of people at the yards who pretty much make a living buying parts and reselling on Ebay and the like.

Bret.

Around here, they leave everything in/on the car except the catalytic convertor. They punch holes in the gas tank, oil pan and tranny pan (if automatic), cut rad hoses + PS hoses to drain the fluids.

If you hope to find something like that, you'll probably have to be there within a day or two after they set the car out. I've spoken to lots of people at the yards who pretty much make a living buying parts and reselling on Ebay and the like.

Bret.

soon enough, it'll have whatever was left on it when it got to the salvage pool - stuff that's know to sell fast disappears very, very quickly (often within an hours of the car being set out in the yard).

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)