• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a BMW 2002 Sport Steering Wheel?

Delia

I bought this from ebay a week or so ago...

The leather is in VGC. The back of each spoke has "38" stamped on it, and there are a number of little steering wheel-shaped stampings there, too. The hub "appears" to be correct. The stepped plastic cover is intact. I'm taking it over to test it on my parts car today and see if the hub splines match the column.

What doesn't seem right:

1.) There is a VW logo on the plastic turn signal check ring.

2.) Odd horn button and incorrect retaining ring.

I'd love to have this wheel on my car instead of the tiny, vintage Momo Mario Andretti signature model I currently have.

TIA,

Delia

post-169-13667564117912_thumb.jpg

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

i like then better than the '02's. the hub will not fit as the 3.0 CS had different spline which is finer if i remember correctly. the horn button is very hard to find, it took me one year to find it as it is NLA. you may want to try Cahsel he might have a used one but they are not cheap either.

Could it be an early Sirocco steering wheel? I know they looked similer but I don't know if they were the same.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades