• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 turbo build-up - update 08/14/07 - running

jakeb

It's alive round two. After waiting on parts for weeks and weeks my turbo 02 is alive, running, and boosting. I am building 7psi by 3000rpm. It starts to spool almost off idle. Still some tuning to do. It is really nice to have the wideband O2 sensor. Makes it a lot easier. I will snap some pictures soon.

Can anyone look at a log for me?

Jake

1985 e28 w/LS1/t56 and a bit more...

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

-Contact me for m42 mounts or e28 ls1 mounts-

www.classicdaily.net

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's alive round two. After waiting on parts for weeks and weeks my turbo 02 is alive, running, and boosting. I am building 7psi by 3000rpm. It starts to spool almost off idle. Still some tuning to do. It is really nice to have the wideband O2 sensor. Makes it a lot easier. I will snap some pictures soon.

Can anyone look at a log for me?

Jake

Pics please? How's the power feel?

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

It feels great. I have gotten a little more nerve to take to further. It just pulls and pulls. Fun Fun... When the wastegate opens it drops to about 6-7psi. When it is building it peaks around 8psi.

I think 10psi would be very easy to reach.

Just replaced the out of tank fuel pump with a in tank from a 318is. It is much quieter.

I messed up my WB o2 sensor when I had the wrong type of switch on the calibration wire so I am now waiting for a new sensor. It will be here tomorrow and I can do some more tuning.

Temps are supposed to be lower here in Michigan for a little bit so it is a joy to drive my car finally.

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

www.classicdaily.net

• 4 weeks later...

Which version MS are you running (1 or 2) and what PCB version? Ive got all my MS stuff(MS1 PCB 2.2) and all my edis stuff. My engine is going to be very similar to yours. I will be doing EDIS in a week or 2 to start, then go fuel. If your running a similar MS setup, if you have a msq i could start off with, that would be awesome.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

yes i sold it....it is currently up in Alaska

I swapped in an m42 and am planning a possible turbo build on it down the road....

Maybe next winter

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

www.classicdaily.net