• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SoCal to Palo Alto Road trip

Plans are developing for a group of us to travel to Palo Alto together.

Tentative Schedule...gather in Santa Barbara Fri Evening. BBQ if you get here soon enough. Depart for Hollister/Gilroy area before 8:00 PM Fri. nite. Arrive in Hollister/Gilroy area before Midnite, check into hotel. Leave for Palo Alto Sat AM. Join other 02s for a scenic drive up (2hrs) or head straight up (1 hr). After Palo Alto, join w/Dubois for his Hollister Drive and BBQ. After BBQ/Drive-- 6ish, Stay another nite in the area, or head south SB(4hrs). LA and south (even longer)

If you go up early friday, or bring your family, Monterey is close to Hollister/Gilroy. and we can still all go the rest of the way to Palo Alto and back together. If you can't make the Santa Barbara Connection, You can go up I-5 if you want and meet us in Gilroy.

I am checking out some of the hotels in the area. and will have more info later.

E-mail me or post a reply if you are interested.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

And I was feeling like the best year was behind us...

It is going to be a great show, great drive and a great weekend, I can't wait. Two more week, two more weeks...

We got a lot of them fired up at Bimmerfest.. trying to keep up the excitement. It does look like a lot of fun. Our definite list so far is:

Me- 76 Inka

jpcapoc - will bring his "new" lo-miles Golf tii "Sleeping Beauty"

Jon from Moreno Valley - Will bring his Turbo

We got a few thinking about it.....

Anyone else thinking about it?

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

I'm thinking about it ;) I'll have to keep on the board trying to see where the San Jose 02's are going to meet up? If you are heading up from Hollister/Gilroy were you going to jump onto 280 for a more scenic drive?

I am not taking an 02 though. I am driving up with Fahuna and 2 other 2002 nuts with a whole load of parts in a van.

I would still like to hook up with the caravan.

Let me know what you find for hotels.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

I might make the trip up to Palo Alto. My 2002 is currently still under constrution. I would have to take my truck up there, if you guys don't mind having a truck in the caravan. I just have to see if I will have enough money for gas and hotel. I will let you know by the end of the week.

~Henry Hsu

'74 2002 Tii Golf Vin# 2780100

golf2002ql6.gif