• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Polaris M2

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

This is my polaris M2. I'm very attached to this car so excuse me if I get to emotional. The history of the car is that it was found about 10 years ago in an irrigation canal and purchased for $300. I will have to upload progress pic later as I don't have a scanner but I will show some recent pics sorry the car hasn't been washed for a while. I will try and update as I post more pictures later. I want to emphasize that my dad and I have done all the work with no professional help. This has been a huge learning experience and would greatly appreciate any good advice or comments.

[/img]DSC02007.jpg>DSC02021.jpg>DSC02020.jpg>DSC02013.jpg>DSC02011.jpg>DSC01952.jpg>airhorns.jpg>coreyscar.jpg>coreyscarfrontview.jpg>motorview.jpg>sideview2002.jpgp><p>This is my brother

' alt='>'>redcarsideview.jpg>redcarmotor.jpg>redcarseats.jpgmybrotherandi.jpg[/img]

I'm the goodlooking fella in the black shirt.

Wolf whistle for you, Cjensen! I was actually getting a bit misty myself when I saw the first picture of the smashed car, but then I scrolled down and felt absolutely so proud of you. That is fantastic you and your dad have done that all by yourselves with no professional help. Ok, you must tell me what manual you use!!! I tell you what, there is nothing sweeter than working on an 02er and the results of your little project are looking tremendous. I hope everything works out for your brother and don't be shy to leave posts or questions at any point in time! Keep us updated.

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the compliments well I used the the M2 manual avaible from dave varko @advarkracing (www.2002parts.com). He also supplied the wheels they are 15 x 8 in. BBS RS's 3 piece with custom outer lips. Check him out he has a lot of different wheels and is a really cool guy. The turn signals are rare italians (brand new) , hard to find, I broke down and bought these on ebay they where $250 but I love em.

That is an absolutely beautiful car. I think the $250 on the blinkers were well worth it, considering yellow Euros get sold on ebay for $175. I'm going to hunt done a pair like yours. What did you do with the interior. Thanks for sharing

Guest Anonymous

The interior was kinda hard!!!! I had installed 325ix interior before(tan recaro's). Currently the interior consists of monaco seats with the schroth harnesses, custom door panels front and back, and a near perferct dash that I bought on the FAQ for a mere $150.00. It was kinda a trick to make the seats fit the tranny tunnel had to be narrowed by about two inches on both sides for the seats to fit the center of the steering wheel and still retain room for the 320i 5-speed. A german friend help me with a really nice custom gauge cluster. I will try and post pics. I am going to install a small roll bar and a custom rear seat delete I also have a super rare rear shelf panel. made by clover industries super nice piece also I will post some pics of these also as soon as I can. still working on a custom carpet this is taking a little time as I tring to get it right. I cut out the OEM seat rails so I can't put a factory carpet if I can't get it right I'll call seams perferct as a last resort.

Thanks again for the compliments.

Corey Jensen

(soon to come pics of my 1974 daily driver rescued form the salvage yard).........

Guest Anonymous

hell no did it myself. I actually opened them quite a bit larger with different grit stones and sandpaper wheels then finished up with a polishing wheel on the die grinder my arms where sore after that job but I'm really proud of em. They will be covered up by the air box but I just want to hear how they sound.

Guest Anonymous

The mirriors are englemann's I'm not sure where to get them they were given to me by a friend who aquired them in germany. I've seen a few other 02's with em but not to sure where to find them ( if you look at any of the art cars the M1 the CSL's etc. they all sport the same mirriors.) I saw one a long time ago on E-bay it was pretty pricey though.

Guest Anonymous

By the way your orange turbo is the insperation for the red tii above your car look soo damn sweet.