• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late report of Palo Alto

I would have to say that it was the funnest weekend that i could have ask for. It was great driving up to inkasteves house picking up guys along the way like John and Vroom.

After Steves we drove down the 101, passing each other, switching positions and just playing follow the leader. It was great just hanging out with guys from the board. I got to put a lot of faces to the names like 02nut and BLUNT.

Jaime Munoz put me up for the night, and later we BBQ. Jaime and his wife are really great people. Sat moring inkasteve and the gang met up with us and we all headed to Palo Alto. I think we were about 12 deep roll'n to Palo Alto.

It s great to have such a good group of car guys. I really felt the 02 bond that everyone shares. All you guys are great to hang out with. I would do it again this week if we could.

Heres a couple of pics of our trip.

post-195-13667564700223_thumb.jpg

post-195-13667564701474_thumb.jpg

post-195-13667564702639_thumb.jpg

post-195-13667564703874_thumb.jpg

cars on the freeway after the 5th or 6th '02 passes 'em, and they look back and see a bunch more coming?

Best of all are the guys (usually) in newer beamers who obviously had an '02 once - the "damn, I wish I'd never sold mine" look is so obvious...........

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

cars on the freeway after the 5th or 6th '02 passes 'em, and they look back and see a bunch more coming?

Best of all are the guys (usually) in newer beamers who obviously had an '02 once - the "damn, I wish I'd never sold mine" look is so obvious...........

There were at least a dozen of us traveling from Los Gatos to Palo Alto. Turbos, Tourings, M2s, old and new 02s. We just "swarmed" around the other traffic like angry bees.

I have never had anyone who used to own a 02 say "I am sure glad I got rid of it". It is usually, "wish I still had it".

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

You know, but some of us don't, who's who in the pic? Looks like a super time!

Oh yeah, sorry..heres the line up.

From right to left: Alex, Daniel (mojojoy), myself (jon74tii), Jaime Munoz, and Jan.