• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Inka A4 hit in Sears Point ticket lane( no damage!)....

JayKehoe

After all the years, and all the miles on road and track, my car was hit by a total wingnut while stopped in the ticket line at Sears Point last Sunday! I went with a friend to watch the AMA Superbike races, and there were 3 ticket lines of stopped and slow moving cars. A complete idiot, in a late model Jetta, came flying in-between the tight ticket lines at around 40 mph. His pax side mirror squarely hit my dr. side mirror and flipped it up and back into the wing window. No breakage, or marks on my car. His mirror came loose inside the painted housing.( score 1 for an 02). The Security and ticket sales people had to run after him because he was trying to escape into the parking lots. Too bad it happened on private property and so many people saw it. He qualified for a good beat-down if anyone ever did. He could have seriously injured the workers walking in-between the cars taking money and handing out tickets, etc. Security said they would "have a talk" with him after I inspected, etc.The guy seemed out of it. My car and I were very lucky. Never know when and where!

1971 Sahara, 1972 Inka tii with Alpina A4 Injection. Both cars have too many upgrades for the "signature" square. 1987 M325ic daily driver( all E30M3 except chassis).

Glad you and your A4 were basiclly ok.

jgmgti

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

Glad you put "no damage" in your subject line. Avoided my heart attack....Alway painful when someone's beloved 02 gets hit.

Great seeing you last weekend at Michaels..

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

After all the years, and all the miles on road and track, my car was hit by a total wingnut while stopped in the ticket line at Sears Point last Sunday! I went with a friend to watch the AMA Superbike races, and there were 3 ticket lines of stopped and slow moving cars. A complete idiot, in a late model Jetta, came flying in-between the tight ticket lines at around 40 mph. His pax side mirror squarely hit my dr. side mirror and flipped it up and back into the wing window. No breakage, or marks on my car. His mirror came loose inside the painted housing.( score 1 for an 02). The Security and ticket sales people had to run after him because he was trying to escape into the parking lots. Too bad it happened on private property and so many people saw it. He qualified for a good beat-down if anyone ever did. He could have seriously injured the workers walking in-between the cars taking money and handing out tickets, etc. Security said they would "have a talk" with him after I inspected, etc.The guy seemed out of it. My car and I were very lucky. Never know when and where!

WHEW!!!! glad you weren't hurt, car too!! :)