• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why do we do it?!?

Jon_uk

is that last pic what it looks like now? if so.. beautiful job 8^)

how much for the turbo wheel?

Thanks! The last pic was taken about a year ago – if you look closely you can see the bonnet needs to be re aligned and there are countless other bits but Im so happy with the car :-)

I've really got to thank my dad and my friend Barry though – they put so much time in its untrue.

The Turbo wheel is in what I'd describe as ok condition – the foam isn't too bad but it has been resprayed at some stage – part of the plastic for the hub is chipped off as well. I'll post some pics at the weekend so you can see what I mean. I'm really not too sure what its worth but I'd love for it to go to a good home and be used. I changed mine to a Jacky Ickx Momo wheel that I've had for a while.... I love it!

Guest Anonymous

Nice work. Are those hanging pedals from a 320i or is that how the right hand drive pedals are?

-Cyrus

Nice work. Are those hanging pedals from a 320i or is that how the right hand drive pedals are?

-Cyrus

No, they're how the right hand drive models come – no pedal boxes for us I'm afraid! Having a RHD car is a nightmare if you want to uprate the header – basically from what I can make out in involves getting an almost race spec 4 into 1 or 4 into 2 into 1. The us spec headers which would really help the engine breath foul the steering rack and steering box.

sometimes I wonder too, why do we do it... put the key in the ignition and turn it, that would explain most of it!

Too true.... that and being known far and wide as the bloke with the old orange car! It also the little things that probably only people who have one can understand. Like the fact that I drove for a day to buy the most threadbare set of Recaro E21's. They're currently being retrimmed and I've had the rails powder coated..... god I love my car!

Thanks! The last pic was taken about a year ago – if you look closely you can see the bonnet needs to be re aligned and there are countless other bits but Im so happy with the car :-)

I've really got to thank my dad and my friend Barry though – they put so much time in its untrue.

The Turbo wheel is in what I'd describe as ok condition – the foam isn't too bad but it has been resprayed at some stage – part of the plastic for the hub is chipped off as well. I'll post some pics at the weekend so you can see what I mean. I'm really not too sure what its worth but I'd love for it to go to a good home and be used. I changed mine to a Jacky Ickx Momo wheel that I've had for a while.... I love it!

well my project is missing the steering wheel, so it will definitely go to use haha. i dont know how much they are worth really either, name a price and i'll see what i think. here's a picture of the car :D

BMW07.JPG

James

'73 2002tii - inka

user1449_pic1108_1255377205.jpg

well my project is missing the steering wheel, so it will definitely go to use haha. i dont know how much they are worth really either, name a price and i'll see what i think. here's a picture of the car :D

BMW07.JPG

Holy Cr@p! That is more than a few weekends work I'm thinking! I'll post some pics of the steering wheel soonish but I get the impression thats the least of your problems :-) Should I sen Barry and my Dad over to help.... in fact I could do with some sun as well!!!!

Holy Cr@p! That is more than a few weekends work I'm thinking! I'll post some pics of the steering wheel soonish but I get the impression thats the least of your problems :-) Should I sen Barry and my Dad over to help.... in fact I could do with some sun as well!!!!

haha actually it's not as bad as it looks, it was totally restored in 1986 and the rails and shock towers are in VERY good shape, even the car itself isnt that bad except for the passenger side door, which was probably bondo'd to hell which would explain the rusting. it was running when it was parked so i'm hoping it wont need much to get rolling again, so the steering wheel actually is important right now so i can move it around easily.

James

'73 2002tii - inka

user1449_pic1108_1255377205.jpg

haha actually it's not as bad as it looks, it was totally restored in 1986 and the rails and shock towers are in VERY good shape, even the car itself isnt that bad except for the passenger side door, which was probably bondo'd to hell which would explain the rusting. it was running when it was parked so i'm hoping it wont need much to get rolling again, so the steering wheel actually is important right now so i can move it around easily.

Cool... glad to hear it! I have a standard wheel as well. I will post pics of it and the turbo wheel this weekend.

No, they're how the right hand drive models come – no pedal boxes for us I'm afraid! Having a RHD car is a nightmare if you want to uprate the header

years ago jaymic sold me a nice 4 branch header for my RHD Tii - worked well and wasn't too much of a squeeze around the steering box. About £250 from memory, but this is probably going back 10 years or so.

On the plus side for the RHD set-up, pedal boxes sound like one more thing to go wrong/rust/and they look heavy. Not to mentoin the servo gets in the way of the induction if you go beyond stock - swings and round abouts.

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg