• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why do we do it?!?

Jon_uk

On the plus side for the RHD set-up, pedal boxes sound like one more thing to go wrong/rust/and they look heavy. Not to mentoin the servo gets in the way of the induction if you go beyond stock - swings and round abouts.

Yes the pedal box is heavy, rusts out, and traps dirt. Plus if the clutch master leaks you can't tell right away because the brake fluid accumulates in the box. Why bmw didn't put the RHD type pedals on the LHD 2002s is unknown...but I think they should have..they did in other bmws of the era here in the states....I'd love to come up with an alumnium pedal box for my track car....save some weight and don't have to worry about rust.

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

Why bmw didn't put the RHD type pedals on the LHD 2002s is unknown...but I think they should have..they did in other bmws of the era here in the states....I'd love to come up with an alumnium pedal box for my track car....save some weight and don't have to worry about rust.

When life gives me enough time to start my next M2 it'll be LHD and use the running gear from my current RHD 02. I'll use the RHD drive pedal set-up if at all possible, or like you said, get a race pedal box - Ian Dickerson is building such a system as we speak.

Cheers, Nick

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg