• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Site Visit: Los Angeles – 02 Points of Interest?

Hi all, I’ll be traveling to the LA area for a meeting near Laguna Beach next Wed-Fri, and I may have some extra time to kill. Can someone familiar with the area recommend a few parts shops to visit or a nice pick-n-pull to explore? I’ve heard they actually have older BMWs in junkyards in SoCal—I’d like to see some! I also need a few parts for my early 68 2002, and I’ve had bad luck working over the phone. Who’s my best bet? If I fly into San Diego I could swing by La Jolla. Would 2002AD be a better choice if I fly into LAX?

Thanks Californians!

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

Automotive Museum is worth a visit, as is the Nethercut Collection if you like the classics from the 20's & 30's (The Peterson is in LA, but the Nethercut is waaay out at the north end of the San Fernando Valley, a good 1.5 hours from downtown, one way, at off-peak traffic hours),

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

All the cars are gone...nothing to see there I would say. Maybe a swing to San Diego will result in seeing to special 02 places of Dave Ardvarc or Ardvarc Racing and Carl Nelson of La Jolla Independent. If staying in Laguna, Saturday early morining, you can drive down to Crystal Cove, not far from there and see the outragous cars, I mean outrageous cars that unofficially get to the parking lot. There is a video scene of a Bugati EB110 that showed up in April in the rain. You will see many vintage and modern cars there. If you have time, drive up north, San Luis Obispo to Rob's 2002Haus...

The junk yards are fun, but the recent heat has made it awfull for most of us. ps. not every junk yard will have 2002s but lots of lots of interesting old cars that can be saved are torn every day!

THOU SHALT DRIVE AN 02

Go here:

www.coupeking.com

Anything you could want fer your 02 is available. For a price.

In Wilmington, between Los Angeles and Long Beach.

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.