• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the best choice for a car cover???

RacingAli

protection, UV protection??

Lots of different criteria, what problem are your trying to solve? For my money, the Hawk car covers resold by Costco (about $100) can't be beat. They're not a custom fit, but they offer good overall protection against rain and UV and they seem to allow water to evaporate easily

Regards,

John N

I've had good luck with California Car Cover. In the past 3 years, I've purchased three different covers from them including a "Noah" cover for my '72.

Overall fit of the cover for the '72 is very good with my only "gripe" being the lack of a driver's mirror pocket - the cover is "loose" enough to fit over my mirror.

HTH

Andy W.

'72 Tii & '74 Tii

'88 M3 & '91 318is

I have a Weathershield 2002 cover that I really like. It's one of the more expensive covers, but it's a custom fit (fits both round and square taillight cars) and well made. It's a lightweight cover, which means 1) it's very easy to install and remove; 2) it doesn't take up much space in the trunk; 3) I can wash and dry it at home; and 4) it dries out quickly after a rain. It's holding up very well after four years of use.

BMP has these on 'Bimmer Bargain' special at 30% off. I bought one as a spare, and it looks like there are two left here: http://www.bmpdesign.com/bimmer_bargains/#e6 Look for "W/S CAR COVER 2002". It was a good value at the original price.

Curt Ingraham

1972 2002tii, 1976 2002

Improved 2002 Radiators

protection, UV protection??

Lots of different criteria, what problem are your trying to solve? For my money, the Hawk car covers resold by Costco (about $100) can't be beat. They're not a custom fit, but they offer good overall protection against rain and UV and they seem to allow water to evaporate easily

Regards,

John N

Got mine at Costco years ago. Fits "Squarie" well, though not custom. It is a Wolf 300 series, Size Medium. very inexpensive. Happy with it. It is usually on the car during the day at work. It has been on the car at night outside, when I couldn't garage the car.

Good luck,

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours