• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great 02 scores this weekend

Gordon

I drove down to LA for my daughters HS graduation and then I went on to San Diego to visit Carl Nelson's shop in La Jolla. On the way down, I stopped by Ireland Engineering. I bought a 5 speed gearbox from Jeremy a while back for my 73 Bavaria. After installing it, it sounded like a cement mixer, so I had to find another gearbox. Jeremy made up for it by giving me some parts for the value of what I paid for the gearbox. I finished the deal late last week by picking up some used ST 22mm sway bars along with some new polyurethane bushings for my tii. I had already picked up some new Hella H-4's from him for my Bav. I've got nothing but good things to say about Jeremy and Ireland Engineering.

Then it was off to visit Carl in San Diego, I was looking for a trunk lid for my E3 which has some minor rust bubbles on it. While I was there, I noticed some Cromodora wheels. To make a long story short, Carl made me a deal on the wheels that I couldn't pass up. I'm now the owner of some 13X6 Cromodora wheels and I also scored an E3 trunk lid while I was there. Carl has some assorted 02 parts he wants to get rid of. I saw a lot of steel 02 wheels if anyone is looking for a set besides a few 02 hoods and trunk lids. Contact Carl direct at carl@bimmerdoc.com for your specific needs.

The Cromodora's look like this http://www.02tii.com/images/2002/mine/tii_wheels.jpg

They are similiar to early 02 alloys except they are six slots instead of five on the OEM wheels. I can't believe how light they are. Real magnesium wheels, they only weigh about 10 lbs each. They will need to be refinshed but that's down the road.

I also may have stumbled on to a barn find. Another 02 owner that I know had someone stop him while he was getting out of his car and tell him that her father died and has an 02 stored in a garage in LA county. I will be following up on this lead.

Then earlier today in Pomona CA, I stumbled on to a 74 sahara 2002, 4 speed, tan interior, no sunroof, original blue plate CA car that's complete without the motor. I asked the owner how much and he says he has to talk to his partner. I'll have to call him tomorrow to find out what he wants for it. So if anyone in the LA area that's got a spare M10 motor...

Now I've got a set of 14 Alpina 5 lug wheels plus the Cromodora's in my garage, I keep this up, I'll soon feel the love from my condo HOA.

G-Man

74 2002tii

73 Bavaria

70 2800

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

I saw the wheels you mentioned in a stack with other wheels. I was there wednesday afternoon. I was a bit overwhelmed and didn't actually buy anything. What I was looking for (early embossed beltiline trim for hood) he didn't have. I did want the factory rebuilt engine sitting on the milk crate, but it was over the size limit for carry on baggage.

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--