• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pseudo barn find follow-up (kinda long)

Grover

So I went back to the shop today where I saw the deserted '02 over the weekend to try to talk with someone about it. The story goes that the last owner was a rap musician in the Bay Area who tricked the thing out. He apparently used to track the car and at one point some years ago took it to this shop to have the engine rebuilt. The owner of the shop said they put a lot of time and money into the car, ordered special high-compression pistons from Germany that weren't available in the US, etc... However, the rap artists career took a turn for the worse and didn't have enough money to pay for all the work. He ended up paying half the bill and "giving" the car to the shop. The engine, built as a "race" engine has been rebuilt and literally doesn't have a single mile on it since it never left the shop after all the work was done. The owner couldn't remember all the spec's off hand but he's not willing to let it go for pennies. With the motor he wants about $2,500. For just the body I think he'd sell it very cheap since all he seems to care about is the motor. He thought the car was a '69. It's not a project I'm interested in but I have the phone number of the shop if anybody wants to call. Email me at tomandanja AT yahoo DOT com.

post-982-13667565616603_thumb.jpg

post-982-13667565618335_thumb.jpg

Guest Anonymous

That's Hammer's car!!! I remember it from the "can't touch this" video! All you'd need to update it is some spinners and one of those limo TV antenna's on the trunk.

So I went back to the shop today where I saw the deserted '02 over the weekend to try to talk with someone about it. The story goes that the last owner was a rap musician in the Bay Area who tricked the thing out. He apparently used to track the car and at one point some years ago took it to this shop to have the engine rebuilt. The owner of the shop said they put a lot of time and money into the car, ordered special high-compression pistons from Germany that weren't available in the US, etc... However, the rap artists career took a turn for the worse and didn't have enough money to pay for all the work. He ended up paying half the bill and "giving" the car to the shop. The engine, built as a "race" engine has been rebuilt and literally doesn't have a single mile on it since it never left the shop after all the work was done. The owner couldn't remember all the spec's off hand but he's not willing to let it go for pennies. With the motor he wants about $2,500. For just the body I think he'd sell it very cheap since all he seems to care about is the motor. He thought the car was a '69. It's not a project I'm interested in but I have the phone number of the shop if anybody wants to call. Email me at tomandanja AT yahoo DOT com.

My oh so humble opinion. Offer like 1500-1800 and see.. Does he have papers on the engine? It could be a deal and then again maybe not. the sitting outside hasn't done it any good.

I like the electromotive setup. mmm no dizzy.

That's Hammer's car!!! I remember it from the "can't touch this" video! All you'd need to update it is some spinners and one of those limo TV antenna's on the trunk.

hammer.gifhammer.gifhammer.gifhammer.gifhammer.gifhammer.gifhammer.gif

Can't touch that nice sport steering wheel.....!!

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours