• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with these Nissan powered 2002s on CarDomain?

andrewro

Guest Anonymous

tht is the biggest disgrace of a 2002 ever, thts like showin a big time chevy guy a chevelle ss powered by a ford, there is no need for tht crap.

HAH! Yeah, I didn't say I liked it! There's plenty of potential using BMW power but I thought I would post it since people have talked some about hybrid power before.

1963 Vespa VNB

1972 BMW 2002 - Sold :-(

1972 Porsche 911T - Sold :-(

If you will notice, that car is in Thailand. Probably more Nissan parts there than BMW. Go with what you have available. Car actually looks pretty nice.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

At least it's not a Nissan RB26DETT in a '67 Fastback Mustang.

Used for drifting.

You know, it's funny. In Three Thrast Three Thrurious: Tokyo Doriftu, the Nissan-powered Mustang was only used for beauty shots; 351W powered Mustangs were used in all the stunt scenes.

all i gots to say is performance knows no brand. 200hp stock trim turbo'd, forged cranked, aluminum blocked power doesnt care what chassis it's in, and apparently neither does the owner. shit, id do it if i had a right:) hand drive '02, or knew how to hang brakes. hmm...

..and I also do not own a BMW 2002.

If you will notice, that car is in Thailand. Probably more Nissan parts there than BMW. Go with what you have available. Car actually looks pretty nice.

Exactly, and with the reverse layout of those engines (exhaust and intake round the other way to the m10) you don't have any problems with the manifold/rhd steering box clearance.

I thought they looked like great conversions, well thought out, using an available power source that isn't a million miles away in design and concept from the m10.

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

Considering the number of old cars you see in Thailand, I think hes done a good thing. Most of the old cars I saw there in the three years my parents lived in Bangkok were broken down in a workshop.

I've seen magazine articles with the same swap and others done to e30's,Hilux utes, all sorts. As Nick said it looks like a well done conversion that gets around a lot of the problems that you have if you own a RHD 2002 and are trying to get more performance.

"Why is one of my reverse lights on in 4th?"

Interesting... I prefer his mates SR20 over the CA18... both would go like thunder! My mates all love Japanese cars and have been trying to talk me into an engine swap like this for years!

Parts are readily available for CA18/SR20 engines to make some serious mumbo! I wouldnt say I would do it, but I'd love to drive it!

toddsig05.jpg

i suppose if i had an already junked M10 sitting in an 02 in need of serious rust repair, i would consider it...especially if it was RHD and not in the US or europe where M10 spares are easily available. so long as one of those ridiculous subi STi wings doesn't end up on the trunk!

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

I like the S14 conversion more... (M POWER!) but this is not ugly and the 2nd car is actually nice (cover is nice) and SR20DET 205hp bone stock is not bad at all!

I wonder what these engines cost...

1973 2002tii with original 5 speed CR

1975 1602 project car