• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with these Nissan powered 2002s on CarDomain?

andrewro

The SR20 is pretty readily availbable in Australia and performance parts are very cheap in comparison to S14 parts - there is also a number of suppliers for the parts - this is because the motor is common amongst drift racing communities.

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

I always thought a rotary powered 02 would be a hoot. I remember an article with a 320i and have heard of 2002 conversions to the wankel engine. as for using japanese engines on an 02 why not, gm v8s are used 240z's, volvos and even on bikes, porsche engines are used on vw's and rails. There are countless type of swaps, heck we use other brand parts as well like seats adn wheels. IMHO is not a problem as long as it is safe and satisfies the owner.

I have a SR20DE in my 69 510. It is a great engine and it makes that little car really move. For me it doesn't really matter who makes the engine, just as long as it fits, although it is kind of cool to lift the hood and still see Nissan on the valve cover.