• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vancouver Larry's First 02 Project...Vancouver WA, USA!!!

I finally bought an 02, the cool car I've always admired and longed for. A nice '76 Chamonix (2745090) I saw come up on Craig's List for $3700. I have begun to strip the car of everthing needed to restore it to its' original beauty (allowing enough time and $$). Pic at this link http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=45282920/a=55530086_55530086/t_=55530086 [/b][/b]The car is realitivly rust free (spare tire well excluded), free of major dents and has all the orginal interior: dash, seats, panels, dash etc. The car runs great and is a lot of fun to drive. My plan is to cut out the bad tire well and weld in a new one a friend of mine fab'd out of 20 gauge steel left over from his Bentley project. A complete cleaning, replacment of insulation, sanding and a good painting in the origianl color if I can still get it is in her future. Carpet from either World, or Seams' Perfect, new headliner and many new seals, door L/R, trunk, rear winddow...(yea I know it will cost a ..it load of $$, but what else do you do with money???) I hope to hear many words of encouragement, advise and suggestions from the many enthusiasts reading the forums...thanks for reading, you guys (and gals) have some pretty cool cars and a lot to say about them...LB

Larry Birkholz

Vancouver WA USA

'76 2002 Chaminox OH2COOL

Larry, sounds like you have a good base to work from. Chamonix looks like a great classic color, that is pretty timeless on a 2002.

Carpet seems to be a HUGE issue around here... some say World, most say Al @ Seam's. Have a look around at different cars in your area, ask questions off the board to get the best feedback - minus the crap that this normally causes around here :-P

As for rubbers, etc. Give BLUNT an email - unkorama at gmail dot com - he will be able to send you a price list and will look after you because you are an 02faq member. I have dealt with him a lot and been very satisfied.

I could not access your pics for some unknown reason...

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. I've contacted Blunt and hope to hear back soon. I'll keep the updates coming. My plan is to have her completed in the next 3-4 months depending on the parts being available and my wife not killing me...

Take care,

LB

Larry Birkholz

Vancouver WA USA

• 2 weeks later...

larry, im sending out your door pins but i havent seen anything about rubber or any other parts yet. did i miss an email??? good luck on your project

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

You didn't miss one...just been busy. I am looking for both window seals, trunk seal, rain gutter pcs (both) sun roof seals (both) rear window seal, 2 window lock strips...I'm sure there's more and will reply with the rest soon. Thanks for the help and your follow up!

LB/VanWA USA

Larry Birkholz

Vancouver WA USA