• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'76 CA, Need help with mystery vacuum hoses

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi all,

I've got a '76 that needs to pass CA smog so all the vacuum hoses need to be hooked up correctly. I've got a couple hoses that I'm not sure about and neither of my manuals seem to be much help. The first is a black rubber hose from the intake manifold to the distributor with 3 short black rubber hoses spliced off of it that currently aren't connected to anything. Any ideas? The second is the white vacuum hose seen in the picture coming off the driver's side firewall. Thanks for your help!

-Chris

DSCN0276.JPG[/url]

did the link help??

76_2002p.JPG

The loose hoses should connect to the center of the "black electromagnetic valve" which is at the top of your pic, and the vac retard side of the distributor, which is closest to the distributor, I believe on the bottom.

The white hose in question, goes from the control valve to the intake manifold (see pic) it may split and also connect to the "white electromagnetic valve" If you have a Weber, they may have eliminated this because the weber doesn't have a "dashpot"

Gee, I hate california smog stuff... Good luck

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Thanks for the diagram! Very helpful, I printed it out and it now lives in my Haynes manual. The car does have a webber on it without the dashpot so right now the white electromagnetic valve has an open outlet where the hose to the dashpot should be. Do you think it's okay left as is, or should it be plugged or connected to anything. Other than that, I hooked up the loose hoses and WOW, the car idles. Very satisfying. FYI the webber has the CARB tag on it and the stock air filter housing so I should be good to go for smog.

Thanks, Chris

sounds like you are getting close..I would think it should be fine w/o anything on that open spot on the white valve. I usually pay for his time and have my mechanic (who has a close working relationship with the smog station) pretest the car before the actual test. Usually always have to tweak it a bit, but it does pass.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

• 2 weeks later...