• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Done with one and onto the next

In August of 2005 my 72 2002 was destroyed but some retard in a Mustang. It took ten months, a court filing and a bunch of bullshit for the opposing insurance company to finally pay me what they owed.

BRUTUS.jpg

shitty.jpg

So then I bought a car I have had my eye on for a few years.

101MSD-DSC00822_DSC00822.jpg

101MSD-DSC00827_DSC00827.jpg

It is a 70 2002 with dual carbs, cam and the other goodies to go along. It has been sitting for 21 years, longer than I have been alive. The car also came with some vintage fiberglass Recaro buckets that the PO found in his shed.

101MSD-DSC00825_DSC00825.jpg

101MSD-DSC00824_DSC00824.jpg

I am taking all of the suspension from the 72 and swapping it into the 70.The neighbors loved this.

101MSD-DSC00842_DSC00842.jpg

101MSD-DSC00844_DSC00844.jpg

speed costs money how fast do you want to go

That's '72 looks as sad as I feel for it. I had a similar problem. The other guy ran a red light and hit me, was drunk off his face, the police refused to breath test him, and then he changed his story to the insurance company (to which we both belonged to) so in the end, nobody got anything. Well, his car got a fireball after exploding 20 mins after the accident, so I'd like to think he got what he deserved.

In other words, it seems as though you've got a great project on your hands. Those recaros are so retro! 21 years worth of dust, ha! I guess that's what I'd look like too if I was placed in a garage since the day I was born. Nasty!

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg

that looks awesome eric. i dont know why but part of me would want to leave the body just the way it is and fix all the mechanicals. it looks so cool with 21 years of patina.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

The Recaros are most likely going to be recovered and put in the 70 because they are just too retro cool to leave them out of the car. But I have a set of nice Flo fits from the 72 that will have to go somewhere at the end of the project. Blunt, I power washed the car so all the dirt is off of it because it was just too gross and my mother would have bitched to no end about it. I want to drive it around with the oxidized paint for a while so it still looks like a barn find. My mom attacked the hood with some wax and my grandmother slathered some crap she found in her garage next to my mom's mark so the hood looks kinda funny. BTW my grandma's spot looks better. Right now I am cleaning both subframes and getting parts and all that stuff and should have the car drivable very soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am sure your neighbors in their couple million dollar homes were thrilled - there goes our neighborhood! I love it! Glad to see you are going to be on wheels again, the worst 02 is the one not moving, even if it is a garage queen!

FAQ Member # 91

• 3 weeks later...

101MSD-DSC00875_DSC00875.jpg

Here is the car cleaned up but not waxed. I haven't even been driving it a month and I already got a speeding ticket in the twisties. I am in the middle of a five speed and clutch swap and I will finally find out how fast it is because the clutch has been slipping real bad since I started driving it.

• 4 months later...