• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jay's new BMW and its GREEN! EDIT: Now its BLUE!!!!

JayG

Hey guys this is Jay from Atlanta, GA and I picked up my first BMW last weekend as a little project. Runs great too! Just needs to be sanded and resprayed.Just very minimal rust. I love the color to death and from what I've searched its Agave Green? Let me know if it is otherwise.

Mods:

Weber carb with K&N

Flex-Dam front fascia

IMSA inspired yellow headlights

Zender spoiler

Ansa exhaust

Recaro seats front and rear (now I have some tan ones)

New Sachs clutch

320i alternator - a mod nonetheless

Dino steering wheel

OEM BBS mesh

Here are pics along with my other love the now DD '91

Mitsu Galant VR-4.

Cheers!

post-1783-13667566154421_thumb.jpg

post-1783-13667566156949_thumb.jpg

post-1783-13667566158264_thumb.jpg

post-1783-13667566159536_thumb.jpg

'91 Mitsu Galant VR-4 #1439/2000 + '76 2002 Laguna Seca Blue-ish 4 speed. Hip to be square.

2002galantsigdi7.jpg

G'day Jay, she looks pretty neat... it looks like Agave, but the engine bay has been resprayed matt black, so maybe the car has been resprayed from a different color?

Kpee us up to date with your project, I am sure you will have a ball playing around with it.

toddsig05.jpg

It was originally that color green but was resprayed in the late 80s to freshen it up. She needs it again.

The car pulls to the right pretty badly and what I thought was clutch smell is actually the front right caliper is stuck on there a little. Hope I can fix it tonight, I drove it to work tonight for the first time and I just hope she makes it home tonight.

'91 Mitsu Galant VR-4 #1439/2000 + '76 2002 Laguna Seca Blue-ish 4 speed. Hip to be square.

2002galantsigdi7.jpg

Nice looking car. I hadn't seen one of those air dams in ages!

Love the Galant VR4 too. A car way ahead of its time, sorta like an early 90's version of the Subaru WRX. I had a GS which I bought new back in 1990. Most reliable car I've ever owned....

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

• 2 weeks later...

An update, mostly just painting and cleaning.

The wheels are now gold, and the headlights are IMSA yellow thanks to some stained glass window paint.

Some other mods soon....

post-1783-13667566754222_thumb.jpg

post-1783-13667566755678_thumb.jpg

2002galantsigdi7.jpg

Not yellow bulbs, I have the Raybrig bulbs in my vr4. The BMW actually has the lenses painted yellow with stained glass window paint

2002galantsigdi7.jpg

Congratulations man! That wasn't the '02 sitting off the 92 by the Woodstock Jeep dealer, was it? That's just down the road from me, if it was.

Hopefully I'll see you on the road if you're in the area - the only other '02 I've seen on the road is a white roundie somebody is working on. If you see a Riviera blue with white racing stripes, it's me!

Yeah that was it. I live maybe 10 minutes from there off Bells Ferry in Kennesaw. Look out for the little meets were going to have. We 3 of us at Starbucks last week.

2002galantsigdi7.jpg

• 2 months later...

Jay! Can't wait to see how the paintwork comes man. I have this week (after today) off work on vacation - let me know if you need any help.

You gotta come by and see my set-up in Marietta. I'll be up there most of this week working on the car. I'm going to try and get the doors all assembled and dynamat the interior. Maybe yank the subframes if i have time.

What colour are you going with? staying Green?

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

Actually we are doing a little prep work on the car this week if you want to stop by. E-mail me at the91gvr4@dsmtalk.com or just call me at 770-519-2518. Just removing some stuff, a little taping, and not too much sanding.

Either Honda NSX Estoril Turqoise or Laguna Seca blue (go figure). So greenish-blue or blue.

Excitement races thorugh the air!!! Muuwahahaha

2002galantsigdi7.jpg

• 1 month later...