• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another eBay mystery

ClayW

A 1966? 2002 on eBay. Says the VIN is 1508304, which puts it before any 1600's to come to the US. Import? 1502? It's modified, anyway, so there's no hope for a restoration. What do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-2002_W0QQitemZ330005205219QQihZ014QQcategoryZ42601QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

fc_12.JPG

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Mate!!! He forgot the biggest selling point!! The rims!!

Simmons B45's! Just awesome! Neat looking car! I wonder what subs he had int eh back to warrant those GIGANTIC holes in the rear firewall!?! Damn, that couldnt help the structural integrity of the car.

Looks sweet otherwise! Maybe try a 2 at the start of the VIN to see if that matches anything?

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

its been said many times before, but one should usually be weary about these kinds of "restorations"

The paint usually hides much bigger problems, and the holes in the rear panel don't encourage me that the body was prepped properly.

Im sure that mechanically its probably pretty good, but the modifications he lists could be had for much less than the cost of the car. My advice to anyone considering this type of vehicle would be to start with an unmodified vehicle, and go from there. You will likely spend more on this car in the long run, than you would with one that is done properly.

If the car was say 3G's Maybe, but I would plan on sourcing another chassis that you can prep in the meantime to receive the "goodies" from this one.

I know this doesn't answer the original poster's question, but I think his concern about numbers and the car are not coincidental with my concern about the quality or history of this vehicle.

just my $.02

Well the car does have the euro centers on the rear tail lights. The bumpers could have been switched at any time, allong with the lights. I bet the person ment to say 69 (just above the 6 on the key board). Another clue that has vanased on the car is the location of the rear roundel. You could look at the brakes but they too could have been swaped. In the pic it shows the later setup like on a 69 for the resivwar system. I am looking at the metal support for the cup rather then the cup its self.mirrors are off a later car but that can be to match both sides, lets face it they are safer. The fuse pannel appears to be the large type off a later car as well as the dash. the car does look good but I would want to go see it. also NOTE THE HUGE SPEAKER HOLES IN THE REAR ug some people should be shot.

sam schultz

LaValle's Import Restorations

and particpated in many of our Hwy 33 cruises. Pierre knows the owner well. I wonder when he moved to Santa Monica.

Here is the car at the 2005 Bimmerfest, next to Gordon's Sahara Tii.

P4230012.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

3f_12.JPG

Can't be an early car with those crash crumple zones on the front fenders and the 12 fuse fuse block. Looks to me that the bumpers show the earlyst age the car could be. The one piece dash is most likely a replacement.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades