• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Cain's 3002/Engine, body fabrication, suspension, etc.

rns7602

As requested by FAQers, Paul asked that I share these pictures in response to some of the posts. Please visit www.38csi.com for more insight on Paul and his cars. I am assuming he will place a link to the Roundel article on this vehicle as well. Don't think there is a lot of body flex in this ride ...

post-145-13667566372342_thumb.jpg

post-145-13667566373393_thumb.jpg

post-145-1366756637465_thumb.jpg

post-145-13667566381242_thumb.jpg

post-145-13667566382362_thumb.jpg

1976 BMW 2002: Chamonix (Anakin ... as in Vader)

1973 BMW 3.0 cs: Malaga and Polaris (OWAM & TBD)

1963 Buick Riviera (Vernal)

1935 Alaskan Malamutes (year of AKC recognition)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

THAT IS JUST PLAIN SICK!! = 0

Is your insurance up to date? I am taking about life insurance.

Talk about being a "Giant Killer"

Keep us posted!

It looks like a 3.0 liter aluminum block (330i or Z3 3.0), which is a very sweet engine to use due to its low weight and fairly high hp capability. I'm sure he's done some stealth mods to it too.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

It is an M54. (2001 330i motor) To the gentlemens earlier point, the "sweet" part about this motor is it is 3.0 liters and all aluminum (a very deliberate selection). The S54, however nice, uses a cast iron short block and is 93 lbs heavier than the M54. This M54 long block at the moment is stock so boost level is set at a max of 8 psi with Calif. pump gas. Next year it will get real 8.8:1 pistons, for now this should be plenty to fill the depends diapers.

Access to the plugs (no. 5 and 6) is very straightforward as the original firewall is gone and rebuilt back 9"+ into the interior. There is no heater or HVAC functions. Removing turbo no. 1 with the block in place?... that is not something I will schedule for the local Pepboys mechanic.

Paul, we sure appreciate your patient responses to our uncontrollable drooling. Can't wait to see it in person....very inspiring, gonna go out and kick my 30 year old daily driver now, and start saving my pennies.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours