• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Cain's 3002/Engine, body fabrication, suspension, etc.

rns7602

i thought cadel might be too young to win this tour, but really my money was on basso or ullrich, but who knows what happened with that doping mess. apparently landis has an amazing natural body, his vo2 max is even higher than lances(gulp). didnt you sell a car to cadel?

-Marty

'73 Atlantik-Hubert-

R 1 3

'-|--|

2 4

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never mind the bikes - what about the cars!

Isn't it interesting that Pauls car has generated the most excitement here for a long time, but the crazy Swede with his twin turbo s14 that was well photographed on the Bavria tour barely raised an eyebrow.

For me it's becuase there's no point in 2 turbo's on a 4 cylinder, and however amazing the work was (and it was as beautifully prepped as Pauls, just without the considerable constraints of maintaining a factory look), it had somehow lost the soul of a 2002, whereas Paul's has gobfuls of soul, charisma and most of all desire. Discuss..

post-149-1366756657583_thumb.jpg

post-149-13667566577541_thumb.jpg

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

I agree with Nick, the fact that Pauls car actually still looks like an 02 should while the sweeds just doesnt even look like an 02 anymore, more like a race car - i just dont like it.

Both have their merrits but i know whose car i more desire.

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

i thought cadel might be too young to win this tour, but really my money was on basso or ullrich, but who knows what happened with that doping mess. apparently landis has an amazing natural body, his vo2 max is even higher than lances(gulp). didnt you sell a car to cadel?

Yeah we sold him a 66 Mustang that he still has and loves...

Back on topic, that silver thing has some crazy parts on it, but not my cuppa. I am impressed by the engineering, but not by the styling. It will never be an E46 M3, so why put the front bar from one on it!?!

toddsig05.jpg