• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just back in from NY. What did I miss?

SteveJ

Just got in last night. Pain in the butt as Chicago weather had EVERYONE else screwed up with delays.

We were able to hit Long Island, NYC, Poughkeepsie, 1000 Islands, Ottawa, and Buffalo. The ONLY noteable cars that I saw the whole trip were one E30M3, an early MG TD with rally numbers on the doors, a Lambo Diablo, and a Ford GT40. Family obligations (mine & others) kept me from meeting up with any of the FAQers on this trip. I'll have to keep all the trading schwag for my next trip.

Ended up in a Ford Escape for a rental. Not bad, but my wife didn't like it when I started driving it like my 02:^). And on the subject of the 02, I had somebody on the plane notice my 2002 polo shirt. Same old story- he used to own one, would like to have one again. Another 02er also into bicycling (go figure). Hopefully Doug will come visit the FAQ. He is first in line for an original owner 02 as soon as they decide to sell.

Hooked up the battery, cleaned the windows, and the little tii fired right up this morning. No AC, near 100 degree weather, but I don't mind.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Ended up in a Ford Escape for a rental. Not bad, but my wife didn't like it when I started driving it like my 02:^).

Can't blame your missus. I use an Escape as a daily driver and driving it like I drive the '02 would probably not be popular with any passengers riding along. Can you say understeer and lean?

Welcome back!

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

I realized on the flight home that the understeer is only when you ease up on the throttle in a turn. With all wheel drive I think it is best to keep your foot in it and let the front tires pull you through.

I'll have to go try an X3 on the autocross course to see if I like it.

Steve J

& too many bikes

GAWD YES!

I watched every day of the tour before we left, then 9 days off. The jersey changed probably 8 or 9 times. I have to watch the recap show to get my fix.

Steve J

& too many bikes