• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

if your underwear has little embroidered lizards don't look

esty

if you're into designer labels and must have things that have the logo's on them this isn't for you....

if you're looking for alternatives to expensive new door seals, take a close look....i ran across this stuff at autozone for $14.00 for an 8' package and said....what the heck.....

it works great for door seals, fits perfectly in the place the door seal sits and creates a very tight seal against the glass...it has a high tack adhesive strip

r3.jpg

r2.jpg

r1.jpg

r4.jpg

r5.jpg

it works great for door seals, fits perfectly in the place the door seal sits and creates a very tight seal against the glass...and the back of engine compartment/front of firewall to hood seal as well...the rubber's as heavy as any of the original rubber on the o2 and once i stuck a piece down, couldn't easily remove it

the company that makes it, Metro Moulded Parts, Inc has a web site at www.metrommp.com...just wanted to pass along what i thinks a good alternative to the high price of new door seals

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has nothing to do with green lizards on your underwear. Its a BMW and you should put BMW quality parts into it. Not Napa, Autozone or whatever "Generic" crap they sell.

You missed the boat on this one.

If more power is better then way too much is just enough.

"Why do it once when you can do it thrice!"

fantastic find. i'm all for finding good alternatives. heck, i have absolutely nothing against 3rd world alternatives IF they work. half the BMW stuff is made all over the world anyways.

give us an update after half a year or so of sun exposure etc...

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

heh heh heh... made ya look.

I have some Whitney's stuff on the beater- the $350 I saved went towards a new diff and stuff.

The pretty car has nice new seals (well, circa 2001)

Hey, they're our cars, we can do what we want to 'em.

Where's that aluminum chebby motor huh?

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

It has nothing to do with green lizards on your underwear. Its a BMW and you should put BMW quality parts into it. Not Napa, Autozone or whatever "Generic" crap they sell.

Ehhh, bullshit.

If you want to restore your car with all OEM parts down to the last nut and bolt, then good for you. BUT, if you have a 2002 driver and want to keep driving it, and keep some of the wind out of the door cracks, this looks like a good solution to the $200 each OEM door seals. This is a totally "non-invasive", easily reversible repair- if someone decides that they must have the OEM door seals sometime in the future, they can yank these out in about 2 minutes and no one will be the wiser.

I for one am not looking forward to the ever more elitist attitude that some 2002 owners are cultivating.

Bret.

I got jen-yew-wine BMW seals through Blunt's group buy a while back, but I'd wondered if one of the JC Whitney famiky of seals would work for less than $300... Could you post more pics of the fit in the corners, etc? How's it do against the window (like when rolling it up or down with the door closed)?

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

metro moulded parts is right in my back yard here in gods country. they make a ton of aftermarket seals for mostly old muscle cars but i bet theyve broadened their offerings since i was last there. they make a good product

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I for one am not looking forward to the ever more elitist attitude that some 2002 owners are cultivating.

Bret.

amen.....

it's a shame that many new o2 owners won't know any better and spend 20 bucks for a can of wurth paint when a 3$ can of krylon works just as well or 500 for a gallon of auto paint only because it has german writing on it....

it's a big world and alternatives abound for the open minded

the persnickety mentality here sometimes goes overboard....jmo

Guest Anonymous

and your an asshole

If she has a good suggestion and lets people know about it, whether they want to do it to their car or not, isnt that a good thing?

Take a fucking qualude dude, relax, and stop looking for trouble.

If this is a cheaper solution to the over priced BMW bullshit that we all pay through the nose for, then more power to her. (referring to Esty, in case you lost your train of thought already)

Stop trying to make a problem when there isnt one AKA STFU

I wonder where the Al/esty carpet depate derived from duhhhhh

stupidity maybe, just a hunch

I think esty pegged you before you even posted. LOL

Charlie Mac in Sacramento.

My Blog

I'm an كافر

[

Stop trying to make a problem when there isnt one AKA STFU

I wonder where the Al/esty carpet depate derived from duhhhhh

stupidity maybe, just a hunch

Don't drag my name into this shit, please.

67 1600

77 630csi

81 323i

68 VW Bug

06 Volvo V50

I was just wondering if you had driven it yet and if so how was the wind noise? Did you take a hose to it and see if it leaked? My seals are coming up on replacement time and the 400 for new ones could sure be put to something else...

i still sell new oem seals for under 300 if you decide to go the oem route

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com