• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

if your underwear has little embroidered lizards don't look

esty

If she has a good suggestion and lets people know about it, whether they want to do it to their car or not, isnt that a good thing?

Here's some more!!!!!!!!!1111111111111:

RUST DESTROYER!!!!!!!!!

day4_001.sized.jpg

AND ROOFING TAR!!!!!111

GOININ_002.sized.jpg

tar.jpg

DON'T FORGET THE GAS TANK AREA, NEITHER!!!!!!!

tankass.sized.jpg

PRIMER_004.sized.jpg

lastcoat.sized.jpg

There now...all done. 8-)

done_001.sized.jpg

BUS_CARDfaq.jpg

AKA: "Captain Obvious"

Drivers:

'72 '02

75 Opel Ascona

e21

2-e30's

2-e28's

15+ parts cars

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fosters.3

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering if you had driven it yet and if so how was the wind noise? Did you take a hose to it and see if it leaked? My seals are coming up on replacement time and the 400 for new ones could sure be put to something else...

listen up you guys...i'm in no way trying to convince or even suggest anyone to do some of the things i do....but i'd guess there are a few of us rebels that like to save money where we can....

if i was gonna spend the money for new one's i'd buy from blunt...he has the best oe stuff at the best price...i'm not trying to interfere with anything anyone here sells....

i have the feeling sometimes that because of the surge in popularity, that o2 owners are sometimes taken advantage of where some prices are concern'd...not by the people selling here, like blunt but from the root sources...i have no doubt if blunt could sell door seals for 100.00 and make money doing it, he would because he's here for the same reason i'm here as are many others, to help when we can

someone said above, if it's not for you, ignore my ramblings...if you can use any of my methods, go for it...

finally, i did run a hose over the guinea pig door for quite awhile and no leaks but i'm not able to drive it on the road yet...my front & rear windshields aren't installed yet....the door glass rolls up & down like it's suppose to with no snags....the only custom work i had to do was, i cut a 45* V in the top, rear, inside corner to make the turn, then sealed the wound with black rubber goop, which isn't noticable unless you have a magnifying glass on you

if it doesn't work, i plan on re-using my old seals...they're not in bad shape but i'm hopeful and believe the stuff i talk'd about here will do just as well as the factory seals and imo, it looks an awful lot better, it isn't nearly as bulky as the originals

again, you guys do what works best for you...i'm somewhat of a rebel and radical and do a lot of experimenting rather than following the status quo.....if you sleep better playing it safe, by all means, sleep well

Ooooo, controversy. I love it.

Johnny, great pics. Refreshing I say.

As for the debate. I am all for using alternative products to save some money. I brought brand new rubbers from my local BMW as I know they fit properly.

It wasnt an area I wanted to scrimp and save on.

As for my underwear, embroided lizards? I might have to get myself a pair...

toddsig05.jpg

Ooooo, controversy. I love it.

i admire you for admitting your sins....most here feel like it's taboo to be involved in controversy...usually they are the same guys that sneeky peek at the national tabloid inquisition and other similar publications conveniently stashed at the checkout lanes in crowded supermarkets.....they quick read or skim the thing then hastily put it back b4 anyone see's them looking

truth be known....everyone thrives on controversy....some, try to take the high road by pretending it's turmoltuous and creates an univiting atmosphere...again, truth be known....each time there's a lot of it (controversy) around, people that don't ordinarily have anything to say, seem to pop out of the woodwork, chime in and voice their views, etc....that's a good thing...right?

i'd guess, most here would prefer an action, drama over the love boat anyday...

but....whatdoiknow...i'm a just a douchebag

What did you use to seal the strips to the car, just weatherstripping adhesive? I'm game for trying it...if it doesn't work so what, I'll still have my old seals! Thanks for the find and the alternative.

the stuff i pictured has a very hi-tack peel and stick strip (see the orange strip) on the back side...no adhesive required

i agree, if it doesn't work, it's a cheap experiment and can easily be undone without tearing anything apart....

my glass is always 1/2 full...if you know what i mean ;)

I agree..

I like to do things differntly aswell. The selling point that made me choose the 2002 was that it lends itself well to modifications by the home mechanic.

To me the car is a great opportunity to design and build modifications that often surpass the original design, and thus learn auto engineering. That is the fun in this car for me. I like it as a classic but I would not wont to own it if all I did was replace worn parts with identical replacment parts, thats just not for me. That would remove all the fun for me. If you like doing that with your car thats fine by me. I love orignals, but would it not be soo boring if they were all factory standard.

Thanks for sharing esty.. good find!!

Im not sure which way ill go when seals become an issue but atleast I now have options.

'Old Blu' the 1974 fjord BMW 2002.

"your my boy blu!"

metro moulded parts is right in my back yard here in gods country. they make a ton of aftermarket seals for mostly old muscle cars but i bet theyve broadened their offerings since i was last there. they make a good product

This comming straight from the $300 seal man himself!!!

Great find Esty!!!

Not everyone is into a concours restoration. My "piece of sh*t car" would be right at home with them $18 seals!

69 2002 1668997 "Geboren ein Hölle"

Shhhhhh... Another Whispering Bomb!!

Wow you guys are sure friendly. Esty really how do you figure I'm an asshole? What I said.. Did that hurt you real bad or something? Sure your stuff will work. Would I want it near my car? No thanks. The seals you buy from Mobile traditions are formed and are correct for their car. BMW built the car. Therefore whatever Tommy from Autozone can pawn his wares onto you can't nearly be as good as OEM stuff right? If you can be happy with what you want and live with it lasting for a fraction of the amount of time(Since the originals lasted how long?). For all you others for jumping down my throat for some constructive criticism(More on the thread title which makes people that wear lacoste seem like dinks). Shame on you.

Esty you did get yourself pegged right "whatdoiknow...i'm a just a douchebag"

Goood Jorb!

If more power is better then way too much is just enough.

"Why do it once when you can do it thrice!"

but....whatdoiknow...i'm a just a douchebag

I thought we all are are aren't we? :-P

Dutch/John Paul/stoolpusher/Dave_74inka/various other usernames thought so anyway.

As for the rubbers, to each their own. Dont hold it against me that I purchased new ones. Mine cost me US$350 when I got them... I wouldn't have it any other way.

I am not building a concourse car, I am building a car I want to drive at 150 miles an hour... I don't want whistling noises at that speed.

Todd

toddsig05.jpg