• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

if your underwear has little embroidered lizards don't look

esty

but....whatdoiknow...i'm a just a douchebag

I thought we all are are aren't we? :-P

Dutch/John Paul/stoolpusher/Dave_74inka/various other usernames thought so anyway.

As for the rubbers, to each their own. Dont hold it against me that I purchased new ones. Mine cost me US$350 when I got them... I wouldn't have it any other way.

I am not building a concourse car, I am building a car I want to drive at 150 miles an hour... I don't want whistling noises at that speed.

Todd

haha,,, good luck with that one!! (any 02 is going to WAIL at those speeds, not too aero of a car (roof gutters, mirrors, front end,,,,,,,,, ;-p)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous
Wow you guys are sure friendly. Sure your stuff will work. If you can be happy with what you want and live with it lasting for a fraction of the amount of time(Since the originals lasted how long?). constructive criticism?? or maybe a vendetta(More on the thread title which makes people that wear lacoste seem like dinks).

Esty you did get yourself pegged right "whatdoiknow...i'm a just a douchebag"

Goood Jorb!

A Jorb well done. Oh and Al, your name has been drug into it by your patsy boy many times so dont whine too much. As soon as he pipes in thats the first thing that comes to mind.

Maybe the replacement esty seals will outlast the originals (the quality of the BMW seals suck actually), wouldnt that be something? Wait and see, and not assume is the best bet.

Every time I went by the weatherstripping aisle at my local Pep Boys I wondered about those seals.

The ones on my car ar OEM, bought new when I restored my car 14 years ago (less than $200 for the pair IIRC), but I wouldn't hesotate to use the Pep Boys ones if I needed to.

Heck, my car has a genyouwine Delco alternator from an '80's Buick and I love my 100 amps!

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

hmm...

I like the sound of more cash in my pocket.

Unfortunatley, I already dished out the dough for all new seals... for the entire bleeding car. Could've bought a beater 'o2 off eBay for less cash than I dropped on that...

Although, I may be buying another car to play around with... Kind of a low-budget, rat-rod, primer-black job. I'll be sure to give this a shot!

by-the-by, is one package enough to do one door, or do you need more?

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

Esty, well done on your find. To tell you the truth, my Karl has a mixture of genuine and budget parts, depending on what it is I need. So I'm all about getting a good deal when it comes to the small details. Some people say you get what you pay for, some believe el-cheapo can be just as good. It's all in the opinion. I like to think just as long as the job gets done, it's all I care about.

As for my underware, I has assorted colors, brands, and types, but never have paid over $5 for a pair. Is that good or bad? Hell, you all have seen them. But then again, no you haven't...

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Is it just me, or does k-priss sound like a spoiled teen with a little too much time on his/her hands?

-My fine running $500 beater, will never to see a set of $300 door seals!

Many thanks Esty!

but....whatdoiknow...i'm a just a douchebag

I thought we all are are aren't we? :-P

Dutch/John Paul/stoolpusher/Dave_74inka/various other usernames thought so anyway.

As for the rubbers, to each their own. Dont hold it against me that I purchased new ones. Mine cost me US$350 when I got them... I wouldn't have it any other way.

I am not building a concourse car, I am building a car I want to drive at 150 miles an hour... I don't want whistling noises at that speed.

Todd

haha,,, good luck with that one!! (any 02 is going to WAIL at those speeds, not too aero of a car (roof gutters, mirrors, front end,,,,,,,,, ;-p)

There is only one way to find out. T & E. :-)

toddsig05.jpg

The parts of the seal the break down are usually the top flap and upper rear flap where it meets the window. I've used rubber 2 side 1/8" neophreme and glued strips on over the rotting parts. Actually last time I did it I bought some 320 i seals off E Bay and cut off the pieces I needed and glued on - only because I didn't want to go shopping for neophrene. A custom wet suit shop would probably have scrap material. It's not restoration quality but you really can't tell without pealing the flap back and looking. Some of the seals can be a pita to put in.

although i already had a new trunk seal....i tried a section of this rubber around the trunk...and guess what...yep...it works like a charm there too.....i placed a work light inside the trunk, closed the shop doors, turn'd off the lights and could see no light coming from anywhere aound the trunk lid

use at your own risk

sounds like a great macgyver trick to me.

i'll have to grab a couple rolls of that stuff to keep, just in case. i got BLUNT's door seals on the group buy a while back for my turkis project. but my verona car looks like the seals could be in need after another season or two...and they were replaced less than 4 years ago with the BMW seals.

i'm sure there are some other cheaper seals out there that can be modified to fit, maybe even some other BMW seals will work with a little trimming and gluing. i mean, if we're talking about modding honda heater core valves to work on our 02s, why not these seals too?

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

...as good as the OEM part for a fraction of the cost we should all applaud it. Not everyone is building or can afford to build a concours car, don't discourage creativity man.

Davin (who was in SF)

London, England

1968 Fiat 124 Sport Coupe

Pressin' on regardless . . .