• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

if your underwear has little embroidered lizards don't look

esty

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course they don't. Likely made my CRP (Continental Rubber Products), but they ARE made for the specific car.

Not that I care either way. I have zero opinion on the aftermarket seals. Cheap is sometimes good though, I will say that.

Al

67 1600

77 630csi

81 323i

68 VW Bug

06 Volvo V50

at 600+MPH and have used many rubber manufacturers. None of these seals were expected to last more than one or two years due to the environment. I have never come across an airline customer who didn't want cheap seals and expensive engines. I guess my philosophy is to put your money where it counts.

'73 tii #2793786

'97 328ic

'03 Escalade (wife's)

my philosophy is to put your money where it counts.

surprises.smileysmiley.com.54.gif

everyone has different priorities when building a car...for me as long as something does what it's supposed to do looks right.... and i can save a few bucks for that next toy i see and can't live without...i'm there

i can do a lot of stuff with the money i'll save on new seals...like buy another set of wheels

I'm on both sides of the coin with this one.

I can see where Esty is coming from. Saving money in one area is nice, no doubt. My 1600 is "cosmetically challenged", and not really worthy of $300 seals. $7 worth of auto parts store stuff would be fine. My 323i has spent 2 years, and countless thousands already in it. It will be getting new door seals, from BMW, without a doubt. It will take me longer to finish the car using that philosophy, but it will be a nicer, more correct car when done. I guess I think if you've gone through the trouble of painting, detailing, and making everything else nice, why skimp on seals. Tough call.

Better solution might be to buy a VW Beetle. I just bought a 68, and door seals cost me $7 per side. Window seals were $6.50 each, and complete engine gasket set was $6.40! And those are all OE type, exact fit. Well, as exact as they can be made in Brazil!

Al

67 1600

77 630csi

81 323i

68 VW Bug

06 Volvo V50

Better solution might be to buy a VW Beetle. I just bought a 68, and door seals cost me $7 per side. Window seals were $6.50 each, and complete engine gasket set was $6.40! And those are all OE type, exact fit. Well, as exact as they can be made in Brazil!

Al

Better not move to slow!!!! Those South American suppliers stopped producing old skool air cooled parts in 2000. So the cheap prices on the most famous car ever will soon start to evaporate and door seals will be $300 a set just like were paying now for our ll' giant killers.

69 2002 1668997 "Geboren ein Hölle"

Shhhhhh... Another Whispering Bomb!!

Al

Better not move to slow!!!! Those South American suppliers stopped producing old skool air cooled parts in 2000. So the cheap prices on the most famous car ever will soon start to evaporate and door seals will be $300 a set just like were paying now for our ll' giant killers.

Well, if thats the case, I'll be buying up a ton of parts in the near future!

Al

67 1600

77 630csi

81 323i

68 VW Bug

06 Volvo V50

Just last year they stopped building the "Last edition beetle" It will just mean that those owners will have to find better quality reproductions.. and pay to play Kind of like 2002'ers.

If more power is better then way too much is just enough.

"Why do it once when you can do it thrice!"

Damn Esty, I thought I was the Douchebag! Thanks for the alternative but , it woun't convince me to quit prancing around in my lizard covered undies!

Professionals are predictable; it's the amateurs you have to watch out for, you never know what they are gonna do!

Murphy was a Grunt

i wasnt expecting your ass(stupid me huh?) because i havent seen it in a while, and your other pictures already had me cracking up, but were serious to a point so it really caught me off guard and pretty much put me on the floor, laughing my ass off. thank you. thats quality comedy.

-Marty

'73 Atlantik-Hubert-

R 1 3

'-|--|

2 4