• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

if your underwear has little embroidered lizards don't look

esty

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasnt expecting your ass(stupid me huh?) because i havent seen it in a while, and your other pictures already had me cracking up, but were serious to a point so it really caught me off guard and pretty much put me on the floor, laughing my ass off. thank you. thats quality comedy.

Comedy>War

johncooperhhahhahahahhah.sized.jpg

A real John Cooper:

billybluemini1.jpg

My latest creation!!!!!!

'84 535

shortshifter

lightweight flywheel

3:73 LSD

M6 front air dam

Erebuni sideskirts

M6 rear valance

M-Tech I rear deck spoiler, wheel, shift knob

Euro grille/lights

16 X 9 Hockenhiems

Chrme/alum. delete

Many secrets

lastpics_001.sized.jpg

BUS_CARDfaq.jpg

AKA: "Captain Obvious"

Drivers:

'72 '02

75 Opel Ascona

e21

2-e30's

2-e28's

15+ parts cars

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fosters.3

i was in another part of town yesterday and stop'd at another autozone just looking....i found this in that store...

r2-1.jpg

r1-1.jpg

it's a slightly larger diameter tube, moulded to the pinchweld trim, so it's just pushed onto the pinchweld around the door....it works better along the top and down the front of the door opening than the smaller one previously discussed..it creates a tighter seal and when compressed by the window, is lower on the glass

it costs more, i think it was $26 for 10'...but you get new pinchweld trim included

Please don't forget to post the difficult parts. Sure, it's going to do great in the pictures you've sent....

BUT

How does it deal with the corners?? That's the REAL problem you're going to have with a non OEM replacement in this particular case.

Please post the hard part, I am interested in how you mananged to make the corner at the top of the window, as well as down the front pillar.

BTW, Jonny, We all still hate your A$$$

----------------

BigDog

'76 2002

No Aligators, No Uderwear... Ha ha ha.

BTW, Jonny, We all still hate your A$$$

Liar! Don't deny it. It's like a bad accident scene...you don't wanna look, but you do, don't you?

My "A$$$" is my trademark, much like Blunt's "timeless hair (Mullett)"....get used to it.

8-)

md_IMG_0078.jpg

BUS_CARDfaq.jpg

AKA: "Captain Obvious"

Drivers:

'72 '02

75 Opel Ascona

e21

2-e30's

2-e28's

15+ parts cars

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fosters.3

Please don't forget to post the difficult parts. Sure, it's going to do great in the pictures you've sent....

How does it deal with the corners?? That's the REAL problem you're going to have with a non OEM replacement in this particular case.

Please post the hard part, I am interested in how you mananged to make the corner at the top of the window, as well as down the front pillar.

i 45'd the top corner next to the center pillar and closed the cut with black silicone....the rubber i just pictured attached to the pincheld from end to end...the other on, originally described, has a self adhesive backing

i handled the larger one by pushing it on the pinchweld that runs the entire inside door opening....the smaller diameter one, originally discussed, i peel'd the backing off the adhesive strip, laid it in place and stuck it down beside the original pinchweld trim, already on the car

i reckon one should have a basic mechanical aptitude to do this....blunt can get you the real thing dog

So, rain much in your part of the country?

Basically, what I've gathered so far is that this hackjob might get it done, but I"m guessin' around here you'd be only drivin' on sunny days or else getting a bit wet. (insert sexist jab here)

Corners too ugly to post pictures?

Oh, and what did you get that would stick that stuff together? The regular gorilla snot is a little bit thin for sticking a couple bits of rubber together, got somethin' better?

"Basic Mechanical Aptitude" wow, you're killin me. Spoken like a true noob....

And Jonny, trademark aknowledged, still hate it :P

-------------

BigDog

'76 2002

'05 X3

'03 RAM 3500

'05 Track Magic 125c Shifter

So, rain much in your part of the country?

Basically, what I've gathered so far is that this hackjob might get it done, but I"m guessin' around here you'd be only drivin' on sunny days or else getting a bit wet.

Corners too ugly to post pictures?

Oh, and what did you get that would stick that stuff together? The regular gorilla snot is a little bit thin for sticking a couple bits of rubber together, got somethin' better?

lollll....gorilla snot....lol.....say asshole can't you read....?

it's obvious that anything out of the norm is beyond your realm of comprehension....you're one of the pricks with lizards on their skivvies.....i reckon.......

"Black Silicone"...

I'm sure you've got several.

It was actually a real question, for another reason, I"ve got a slit in one of mine that needs to be glued back together, it lets in a little rain, don't like getting my recaros wet.

Wow I"ve officially graduated to the "a$$hole list" I'm soo priveledged (sp?). Maybe I'd better go hang with the Canadians, hell they're just right up the street.

Finally, some things cost $$$, true you could repair the whole car with duct tape and bailing wire with some "basic mechanical skills" but would you really want to??? Somebody willing to cut those kind of corners would probably question the engineering behind needing a proportioning valve for the brake bias (oh wait, that was YOU).

Here endeth the lesson.

-------------

BigDog

'76 2002

Somebody willing to cut those kind of corners would probably question the engineering behind needing a proportioning valve for the brake bias (oh wait, that was YOU).

dog...i'm charmed dude....that you remember the little details of some of my ramblings....do you keep a diary too?

and my brakes work like a champ too, btw...new cylinders, pads, shoes, lines....i don't have lizards on my drawers, i did it myself

• 4 months later...

FYI- VW bug door seals are the same price range if your local generic store does not have the universal & self sticking types. I used some meant for a 69 beetle on my girls 76 '02. They don't have the self tack strip, so you have to glue them like usual, but they work fine. no leaks, no wind. not BMW, but still "german" Most of our washer fluid resivors have a bmw AND an audi stamp on them anyways. isnt audi in with VW? would that make it okay to put a lizzard on the vw seals?

Tim. 2 daily drivers

His: 68' 1602-

Hers: 76' 2002 auto-

Most of our washer fluid resivors have a bmw AND an audi stamp on them anyways. isnt audi in with VW? would that make it okay to put a lizzard on the vw seals?

you bet...i love seeing success stories about people using their noggins to make something work....as it should, i might add, and save money in the process

good for you