• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And Then....

Biscuit3

... We styled the scorpion's hair, it barfed on us and our pants fell off. What a great story, the end.

In actual fact, it's time to update those who care on how Karl is going. I got some awesome news the other day about Karl in which I thought I would never hear! Karl is not a shitbox (bondomobile)! In actual fact, he is within repairable range and in my budget as well.

The Weber 32/36 DGAV auto choke, water op. will be arriving shortly from a nice man that lives in the same area as Oz_tom, TMK-001, Beaner, and Timbo. I seriously think I should relocate down there because that place seems to be car central and well, Sydney is such a small place, I should really share my love.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50138&item=170009358317

(Yes, I'm ilikeschicken on eBay. If you get me emailing you asking to ship to Australia, I am always happy to get a positive answer)

So in the meantime, along with the carby, Karl also has a brand new shifter surround and a few console pieces which will complete the one Jon_uk so thoughtfully sent me earlier this month, coming in the mail.

As for the rest of Karl, he will be receiving:

1) New bearings

2) Overhauled steering box

3) New shocks

4) Trunk roundel

5) A kiss from his sweetheart at the mechanic - a black 2003 318i. He's had his eye on her for awhile now.

Hooters has paid me today and I have found that my bank account is back within the obese range so I'm acting while I can. Oh, and I can proudly say that sucking up to my BMW mechanic has landed Karl and me in the exclusive "Peak Performance" club. No longer are we outcasts and no longer is Karl dubbed a lumpy bomb!

In other news, Andrew, Jon, and Oz_tom, your shirts will be shipped off tomorrow. I expect pictures within two weeks, which I honestly think is a reasonable amount of time. If not, of course, I do have your addresses, be prepared.

post-1526-13667566995187_thumb.jpg

post-1526-13667566996775_thumb.jpg

post-1526-13667566999205_thumb.jpg

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg

Now that I see your specific carb, I'm not sure if Holley (or Edelbrock) makes a suitable replacement. But, you never know. I highly recommend emailing the tech lines of both companies, as I said in the other thread. They are very helpful. Good luck!