• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My '73 tii A4

schnell944

It's pretty much all there. Just finished up doing the water pump. Replaced the dead alternator bushings. A good tune up with plugs, wires and new oil helped her out a lot. And I certainly can't forget the generous help Bill proveded in properly tuning the A4.

I was able to take it for its first real spin in probably 8 years after all the work done on it by the prev owner and myself, and I have to say it put a great big smile on my face!

Ryan

post-1722-13667567244355_thumb.jpg

post-1722-13667567245618_thumb.jpg

post-1722-13667567247045_thumb.jpg

post-1722-13667567272827_thumb.jpg

Congrats on getting her running. That feeling is so good when you can finally drive her.

Drool at the A4 setup

And just to knit pick and keep you on your feet, here's my other $.01

White seats are original?

You don't use floor mats?

Trunk looks great but why is it only partially covered?

Update your BMW flag. hehe

For some reason, your gauge pod reminds me of this:

8797554.jpg

Other than that, it's looking good and either way, it's still an A4 setup. drool x 1000000

'74 02tii

some good points....I'll take them into consideration :)

I think the flash kinda distorted the look of the extra instrument box. It looks to be an Alpina set-up. Trust me, it doesn't look as bad in real life.

No mats yet bc I think I'm going to have to rip out the driver's carpet anyway.

There is a large carpet piece available that fits over the spare tire area? I'll have to get it eventually. That would look much better.

The old school sticker gives away just how long this car was at the mechanic before I got it!!

As far as the seats go, probably not orginal, huh? Probably will hunt down something more correct eventually.

Ryan

thanks! No, I bought the car with the A4 on it through a mechanic near me. It had been there since '98 having work done to it. Finally, the owner decided he didn't have time for it. The mechanic was never able to get the Alpina system running right and suggested to me that I convert it back to the stock tii configuration. I found out through the FAQ how special the A4 really was and ended up lucking out, getting a solid tii and a cool injection system at the same time.

Ryan

and got your first real ride in the car.

I think the comment about your carpet, is that the trunks of the 02s were not carpeted at all. Maybe the question is about the carpet on the sides, bulkhead, forward part of the floor and not on the boards themselves.

Hope the car will make a trip with you to MD sometime in the future.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

• 2 months later...