• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

We begin - the "WASP" SOVREN vintage race project

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

69 2002. Sat in a back yard in Yakima, WA since 1980.... Interior rotted... FULL of vines and WASP nests.... ouch !! (Thus the name "The WASP"...)

Given to us.... and our buddies STILL laughed at us...

WHAT??? You actually got that old thing running?!?!? Hey, she's looking better by the day.... The WASP is actually bone dry - as in no rust ! ! Solid as a good track car should be!

So... the Hunt begins... for parts and pieces to turn the WASP into a SOVREN (Society of Vintage Racing Enthusiasts) into our next race car... on a shoestring budget, but with lots of heart... ALL SOVREN dollars raised goes directly to Childrens' Hospital in Seattle, WA. Now THAT is a good thing!

If a fellow user will tutor me on uploading photos, you'll all have a few good laughs!!!

Best to you all!

David Hunt & Bruce Hunt (Hunt Bros. Hillbilly Restorations and Racing)

davidjameshunt@hotmail.com 208-765-3496

Coeur d'Alene, ID.[/img]

Sounds like a great project. Can't wait to see pics!

To upload them from your hard drive, look at the lower part of the page while you are posting (where it says "add an attachment"). Click on "browse" to look up the pic on your computer and, after you find it, double click on it and then hit "add attachment".

Hope it works for you!

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

(nt)

Giving it a go!!

Seems to be working.... ok.... don't get stung.... THE WASP ! !

djh

post-1898-13667567312729_thumb.jpg

post-1898-13667567314173_thumb.jpg

post-1898-1366756731639_thumb.jpg

It is all just stuff and some numbers

A day spent sailing isn't deducted from one's life

Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to meet it

Thanks gang!

I'm sure I'll need those encouragements along the way!

Our best to you all.

David and Bruce (Hunt Bros. Hillbilly Restorations and Racing...)

Racing for fun, friendship, and to support Children's Hospital

In my "other life", I am a conductor and cellist with Composer and Pianist Brian Crain ( BC's web is www.briancrain.com ). After several Korean performance tours, my track buddies dubbed me "the greasiest American conductor in S. Korea." I love a full and diverse life!

It is all just stuff and some numbers

A day spent sailing isn't deducted from one's life

Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to meet it

Ahhhh the wasps! I had a few of those in my '73tii, plus a few black widows. Make sure you check all the little hiding places before heading under the car. A good pressure wash 2-3 (separate) times should clear them out.

I wouldn't be as worried about the wasp. I'd be more concerned about the loch ness monster inside your car in that last pic. Yikes! ;)