• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 2000tii Touring Reassembly

BillWilliams

fuel tank. Maybe this weekend. It will one year from this coming weekend when I tore it down.

It is not as good in person as the photos indicate. It is my first refurbishment so I did not know what to expect.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He does take nice pictures, but the car is really nice. There is no undercoating, so it is almost as shiny underneath as on top! Every part is clean and painted. All the hardware is freshly plated. New trim, chrome and rubber seals.

BMWCCA #2762
72 2002/71 2002ti, 67 2000CS, 2x 72 3.0CS
86 635, 2x 05 330Ci ZHP, 
'11 Corvette Grand Sport

Bill,

Enjoyed helping & learning Kugelfischer 101 today.Hope the mystery gets solved.*But whew...the touring tii is beautiful.

Jonathan

Sept4BillW-1.jpg

Sept4BillW.jpg

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

It is beautiful, Bill. I think they are even more distinctive than a Turbo. A day doesn't go by without some complete stranger stopping and commenting about the touring. Some guy today screeched to a stop and backed up half a block just to get a better look and chat.

It is great to see it on the road, you can be very proud of the wonderful work all of you performed on it. Now, it will start paying you back in driving joy.

My "Driving Joy"....

touringpics002.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Narrowed the leak to a loose connection on one of the heater hoses. THe rattle was coming from loose strut nuts.

Even though the first drive was in a light rain, it is pouring here today, so I will wait to see if there are more leaks and rattles.

I am thankful for how it looks and that it is well preserved, but I still cannot get excited until I get it running correctly. Running well is more important than looking good to me. So until then.....

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

I still cannot get excited until I get it running correctly. Running well is more important than looking good to me. So until then.....

Yeah, most certainly... good luck with your tune, hopefully you can find something to get the beast sorted out for a decent drive soon.

toddsig05.jpg