• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 2000tii Touring Reassembly

BillWilliams

Bill, Great Job!This touring could'nt be any better, a labor of love and workmanship.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

often overlooked. Most restored or refurbished cars' subframes are black. However, my findings on older model cars is they are gun metal gray or dark green much like the color of the brake lines you buy today. It is my understanding, the original color, whether it is gray or dark green was a protective coating.

The subframes are powder coated in:

Front and rear sub-frame – Spraylot, Black Olive, RAL 6015

Stabilizer bars – Prism, Gun Metal, PS167G

Control arms, springs etc. – Tiger, Bengal Black, 49/88888

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

• 1 month later...

Beautiful car. That is one of the prettiest projects I have seen yet. Thanks for all of the great pictures. I am glad to hear your son in recovering at home and hope his recovery gathers speed.

1973 Verona 2002 2.5 L s14

1998 M3

• 1 month later...

M- YY- 321

Have you thought about getting that eurp plate like the model car and the brochure? That'd be pretty slick. I love your car and I mean its the only touring I have ever liked much less thought it looked amazing.

'91 Mitsu Galant VR-4 #1439/2000 + '76 2002 Laguna Seca Blue-ish 4 speed. Hip to be square.

2002galantsigdi7.jpg

The car did come out nice inspite of myself and being quite new to this level of refurbishment.

Jay, I asked the wife for Europlates with that number on it for my Christmas present. Check FAQ around noon on 25 December, to see if I got them or not.

OK Otis, some comment is in order I am sure.

FAQ member #5

• 1 month later...

Hey awesome car great job. Its a small world since i was showing your car to a friend here at college and that friend reallise that it was his friend evans dads car. Nice job, hope mine looks like that soon.

73 colorado orange 2002 in restoration

owned for 30years

71 2002 gone to parts heaven

72 2002 Malaga Sisters

05 Mini S Moms

FAQ member # 31

Feel free to get in touch if I can help any. Steve knows he can get to me through Revin Evan.

If you get a chance let me know about your 2002. One of the sweetest 2002s and great owners is there in KC. Let me know and I am sure Keith will be glad to show around the 02 community there. They bailed me out of an alternator problem on my way to Colorado in 2002. Nice bunch of guys!

FAQ member #5

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Bill, I've got a couple of questions. First off, what did you paint you cv koints and half shalfs with, or are they new? How did you make the heater box cover look so good? And how did you restore the hood dold down bar?

One last thing, where do you get the OEM seat material and rouphly how expensive is it to have the old seats reapolstered in it?

Thanks so much, Jordan