• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Hike

H_Krix

This auction is over, but did anyone else notice this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=230017526332&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I recently finished rebuilding mine, and yeah is a monsterous pain in the ass, but $500? holy crap! what do you guys think? a little over-the-top?

I'm gonna start pulling these out of every car I see and rebuilding them in my spare time to make that kind of dough now...

[Edit]: if the rebuilder of this box is on this forum, i mean no offense; quite the ocntrary, congratulations on an auction gone well!

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

yep, mike is a good guy. i got my flo-fit seats from him. i had them recovered, but he gave me a good deal and even delivered them on his way down from the DC area.

although, it would probably cost you $500 to pay a shop to refurb the heater box as it definitely requires several hours of work.

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

Your are right Mike does provide an excellent product. I should have looked to see who the seller was. If he did the work on it it's worth every penny. His stuff is always top flight and he is a good guy to boot.

I must eat my own words now, so please excuse me.

The top part of the box w/ an intact bracket that holds the heater valve, and a new fan is pricey. As well as the box not having a bunch of cracks. It's all been cleaned up well too. It went for a lot more than I thought it would, but it is really well done, better than I could have done in my garage w/out some good tools.

'71 colorado 2002

If you price out the parts you'll see that it's not that bad at $500.

The BMW valve is $100

Blower with or without fan blade: $229.95

Heater Core: $250

You're already over $500 and you don't even have a heaterbox... just three new parts....

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76