• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sylvania silverstar headlights

ponyboy

I was at Center BMW today in Van Nuys picking up the little 3mm nuts for fastening the clips for my upper chrome trim, and....

They have a display of sylvania silverstar headlights, the kind with the seperate bulb, not sealed beam. I wonder if they have these for our 2002's, and if so, are they good? Maybe they are cheaper than the hella h4's, but have good "white" light. According the display, thats what they use on the newer beamers. Im fine with not having OEM parts or the popular hellas from our time period, I just want some good headlights.

What you guys think? Anybody tried the silverstar line from Sylvania on your 2002, sealed beam or seperate bulb style?

Thanx, Lance

Lance Jones... my name

1970 BMW 2002 ...my car

www.myspace.com/lancejonesmusic ....my music

You don't need to re-wire to run the Hella H4s do you? What I mean is, the stock wires are rated to handle the wattage? What is the maximum rating on stock wiring for hi/lo? Could it handle 100/90W for example?

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

'97 M3 (HWY 17 - Forced Early Retirement)

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

• 4 years later...

All i know is that i have been looking for headlights that will give me a bright light because the standard headlight are trash and you cant see far enough on the road, and with the new headlights you guys are talking about you can give off a different color of light like yellow, green, blue, red. . .the list goes on, thats why i want them.

Cars are not just machines but a machine we have given life.

the flate lens hella that i had in my car( till i got a set of euro buckets an now are for sell) with i think a 60/55 bulb where great

I run 60/55's and would like a wee more but they work OK

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Ok just so that i understand are you talking about the headlights of the fog lights? And where can i find them? Looked on Hella.com and they dont have the headlights im looking for. . .

I found the Hella Headlight 500 series on myhellalights.com. . .The only question i have is will these hallogen headlamps fit where the standard 02' headlights sit right now? By the way i have a link below showing the whole Hella 500 series headlamps. . .

http://www.myhellalights.com/index.php/default/auxiliary-lamps/halogen-lamps/

no. hella 500's are extra lights that bolt to the front of the car. they do not replace the stock lights.

you have to replace the entire bulb of the stock light to get better light with a separate lense housing and halogen bulb inside it. that is what hella h4 is being refered to.

do a search on the forum for headlights or hella h4. there are many, many threads on this coversion.

2xM3

I would first try a relay kit from Danial Stern lighting. The relay and rewire really does a lot to get proper voltage to the lights themselvs. Then go with better lights and bulbs. Fwiw 55/60's will burn up the highlow switch in the early cars after about a year of use. Nothing like a small fire at night in the steering column.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades