• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sylvania silverstar headlights

ponyboy

no. hella 500's are extra lights that bolt to the front of the car. they do not replace the stock lights.

you have to replace the entire bulb of the stock light to get better light with a separate lense housing and halogen bulb inside it. that is what hella h4 is being refered to.

do a search on the forum for headlights or hella h4. there are many, many threads on this coversion.

But if i wanted to, i could make these the head lamps instead of fog lamps rite? I know it can be done.

Cars are not just machines but a machine we have given life.

The question then becomes .... Do you want auxiliary lights on your car, or do you want to make your car's headlights better?

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

I want to make my headlights better and i like the style of the Hella 500 Black Magic Driving Lights. So i am saying that i want to make these driving lights/ fog lights and replace them where my headlights are positioned. I know that i may have to do a little customization and im okay with that.

Plus those standards headlamps dont help me at all on the road where i live because the light projected from the standard headlamps scatter all over the place. My headlamps are alligned correstly and you cant even see them clearly shining on the road. So i thought it was time for a change.

If you have experienced a quality pair of headlights and bulbs you should be able to see. If not, consider adding the driving lights rather than having to modify your car to fit them where your headlights are now.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

You will be disappointed in your results.

You need a quality H4 light (Bosch, Hella, Cebie) and two relays (one for low and one for high) beefy wires and robust connectors. This will dramatically improve your lighting situation instead of cobbling in some goofy looking light. If at that point you still don't have enough light then brighter bulbs will do the trick. My old Volvo had Hella h4 lights with relays and 90/100 bulbs. This setup was better than any of my new cars and I'd put them up agenst just about anything.

John

Ok. . .i cant argue with the teacher who is trying to help me save money and get the best results. . .LOL? Im sure their gonna be a hell of alot cheaper than my first idea. . .on last question. Well two actually. . .1. Where can i find these H4 headlights that you are talking about? 2. Can i put a color shield on those headlights if i wanted to? To show you what im talking about here is a link:

http://www.myhellalights.com/index.php/default/upgrade-kits-and-accessories/color-shieldz/

HL70477 7" Round HB2 Vision Plus DOT Headlamp, Includes HB2 60/55w Bulb

• If your car has sealed beams, this is the most effective, simplest and least expensive improvement in forward lighting you can make.

• Exact Replacement for 6012, 6014, 6015, 6016, 6017, H6024, H6014, H6017and H6026 Sealed beams.

• Optical Quartz Lens

• Silverized Polished Aluminum Reflector

• Replaceable H4 Bulb

• Four times as much light on Low Beam, Twice as much on High Beam.

Sale Price $41.54 (usually $54.00)

(Savings: $12.46)

http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=136

And (nt) means "no text" as my post was so short.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

Thank you very much for the advice on the product. These will work and later on i can add the smoke look to them later on. You have been really helpful. With these lights i can drive safely down the road!

All the smoke look does is reduce the performance of your lights.

Yes you can apply a color shield to them or just buy a yellow bulb.

John